Jemfest 2004 - May 21st and 22nd - Orlando, FL

Hey everyone. Jemfest is right around the corner and we have some cool bands lined up to play. We'll soon make that announcement later. I can assure you we'll have at least one Favored Nations artist and several Ibanez endorsers 8). Anyway, here are the details on this years Jemfest:

Date/Time:

Friday, May 21st - Doors open at 5PM

Saturday, May 22nd - Doors open at 5PM

Event Cost:

FREE!!!! We do ask for donations though. :D Afterall putting an event on like this costs thousands of dollars - that's the only way we can make this happen every year!

Location/Hotel Info:

Orlando, Florida - Holiday Inn at International Drive (Close to the parks)

hotel_01.jpg

hotel_02.jpg

http://www.hicentralflorida.com/idrive.html

Every year we have a blast. There's so much to do in Orlando and they treat us nice at the Holiday Inn. Plus every night we party with guitars and booze in the hotel room suite! Rooms with 2 queen beds are a discounted $72 a night. We're able to work deals out with the Hotels because of the nature of our event, amount of business we/you bring them, and because Kevan is awesome at working out good deals. B) We only have a limited amount of rooms for that price, so when we announce the groupcode you better jump on it fast to get the discount.

Jemfest is a non-profit organization who donates all proceeds to Steve Vai's Make a Noise Foundation. All the artists who pay are not compensated for their performance. They do it all in the name of a good cause! How cool is that?

In short, we're putting on a kick-ass concert over 2 days with amazingly talented musicians. Many who you know, and many who you don't know... yet. So far we've had 34 different musicians from all over the world play at Jemfest in the last 5 years at our US, UK, and Germany Jemfests. Oh, bring your guitar (Doesn't have to be a Jem!) because you'll get an opportunity to jam on stage with the big boys! Plus we have wonderful raffles and tons of free stuff to give out! Everyone will get something! I promise!

Bring your guitars! We'll have tables setup to show off your prized beauty.

Oh, and lastly, here's our website. Go check it out. Right now!

http://www.jemfest.com

Gabe

P.S. - Times are subject to change.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be there. Bank on it.

Yes- all my gear will be there too, including all of the guitars.

I'm also donating at least (1) Tremol-No to raffle off.

Attendance? Hmmm...slightly smaller than your average Freddie Mercury tribute concert.

:D

We like it when attendance isn't too massive. Why? It gives folks a chance to talk with the artists the are performing, either before or after their set, in a MUCH more relaxed environment than usual. Some chats I've had in the past are:

-Motocross with Rusty Cooley

-Cool electronic gagets with Jon Finn

-Transmission repair with Eric Sands

-Chicks, Beer & Bands with Scott Bradoka and his guys.

The performances are fantastic, but for me, my favorite part is the aftershow, all-nighter room jams that take place. *knock*knock* "Hey- It's Rob [balducci]. You guys still jammin'?"

That part rocks the hizzouse.

I didn't say more was better, but I looked at the website, and the '99 pic looked to be about 40-50 strong, give or take, and some things like this really take off over the years, so I was wondering if it had really grown sizewise since then or it had stayed pretty much the same ...

Anywhere between 100 and 200. I'd say that's about average.

Funny: In 2000, we went to Vegas. We booked a nice size ballroom at the Sands hotel. The day before the show, the hotel folks said, "The people in the big room just cancelled. Do you guys want the big room for the same price?". We said, "Oh hell yes!".

It turned out to be a mixed blessing- the room held over 3000 people; the stage was HUGE, the lighting rig was nice, but.....with a room that size, and only about 90 people, it looks like there were about 7 of us there.

:D