free to a good home, never used lmii 34" and 35" fret slotting templates with locating pin.

mistermikev

so would like to give priority to anyone who has ever responded to one of my threads... and amateurs b4 pros... and then first come first serve -assuming more than one person responds in the next 48 hours.  just want to give these a good home. 

I bought them before I got into cnc and know I'll never use them... just collecting dust for a few months.  Not terribly expensive but $23.65 ea + 13.25 for the pin on the lmii site...

your cost = do something nice for someone else.  

respond to this thread, tell me if you are an amateur or pro (ie have you ever done a commissioned build) and you are entered in the "not so grand prize drawing" lol.  cheers and happy holidays!

IMG_4337.thumb.JPG.84671f446157f244188d856818f29805.JPGIMG_4338.thumb.JPG.fc8a50fd7c808aa57d013f29ed7c6973.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ADFinlayson said:

Hey I'd take them off you, but I already have a bass slotting thingy. Why don't you just stick it on ebay. 

right on.  I'm guessing shipping to uk wouldn't really make it worthwhile, but you are certainly welcome to them if you want to pay that.  I was going to post offer them to someone on talkbass, just have been a bit busy.

• 4 months later...

I realize this thread four months old, but I have an electric bass body that may very well get a handmade neck, so if you still have these templates laying around I would be very interested. I am a total amateur but definitely have some intermediate woodworking and mechanical aptitude. I have set up/repaired a couple of my own guitars and even done some setup on guitars for a couple of friends. I documented my first guitar salvage job here (on a different forum).

If these templates have already been rehomed then that's cool, thanks for posting these up and making them available to the members here.

ok, I'll be honest only 1 post on here made me a bit leery.  That said I see you have the sm avatar at strat talk... and I vetted you (creepy)!  My main criteria was I just wanted these to inspire some other builder... I think you meet that criteria.  I will be happy to send them to you at my cost on a few minor conditions: 

1 u agree to do something nice for someone somewhere.  

2 u agree that you will actually use them, or you will give them to someone who will. (I just mean don't take them just to resell them to make money... trade to someone for something ok)

if that works for you... pm me your address and I'll get them in the mail as soon as i can.

LOL! I figured my first post might raise an eyebrow, hence the link to a more active forum profile. Since joining here a year and a half ago I have learned quite a bit but have not contributed as much as I would have liked. I am a big fan of "paying it forward" and like to do so when I can. I do sincerely plan to make use of the templates and hopefully I can start a build thread here soon.

Your conditions are most agreeable, thanks! PM forthcoming. 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Madmtnmotors said:

Package arrived intact, and there even happened to be a very nice maple blank inside! Thanks again for your generosity, hopefully I'll be able to put this to use before too long. 😎

right on, hope you find them useful.  cheers