Which guitar offers best value for money?

Matia

Which guitar offers best value for money?  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys... seems to me there is pretty much a guitar out there for all types of players and for different applications. So I'm wondering what the general opinion is on the best production guitar at the moment in the value for money stakes? As in choices and quality of wood? Hardware supplied? Finish? After sales service? and so on and so forth... now I know you boys like your Ibanez but think about it... I do too. But I have to say I do consider them to be expensive compared to certain other brands, where you can get the same or similar quality equipment, finish and so on for a much lower cost. So whats the best? Seriously? i've picked a few guitars at random... So yeah... It will be interesting to see if Ibanez dosent win this one!

If you have your own suggestions on the guitars then say so! They dont have to be top end guitars... you may know of a cheap and cheerful thats great to play around with!

ok ok so I'm new at this and I stuffed the poll up!!!!!! arrrrghhhhhh bugger!

HELP BRIAN!!!!!! SOMEONE!!!!!! ANYYYYYYBOOOOOOOODYYYYYY!!

.... how to make an arse of yourself in one easy lesson....

Rock on people!

:D

dude, i voted for all ot them, hehehehe like you left us no choice, ok im being a oopsie, this is a family site, cant say that one hehehe, no seriously, I still think I gotta stick with my fender strat, its tried true and proven, for a budget, or a beginner, cant go wrong with a squier, that was my first guitar as I am sure many others on here probably started out with a squier, and then progressed to a epiphone les paul, didnt like it once I had it and really sat down with it, but I thought boy to play metal, that was my I wanna distort the crap outta the sound and play nothing but metal phase and the set neck/humbucker les paul im going to play metal only phase wore off once I realized how uncomfortable it was in my hands, since then I have tried others and the strat and stratish guitars fit my small size and build quite nice, but I still think anything fender (mex/japan) or a squier is the way to go for a value guitar, its a time tested instrument and its still around, look at all these other guitars that have gone by the wayside, fenders still hanging around very much strong and alive, btw, I agree with Bill and would love to have a OLP as I am a big

Eddie fan who thinks the guitar just looks damn cool and the OLP would be the next best thing to an actual MusicMan one, im sorry but Peavey just dont do anything for me, thats my 2 cents on the subject

I tried to fix it for you but your just going to have to start a new poll.

Your answer's for poll choice's should be seperated to each line when you type them in like this:

Ibanez Jem

Fender Strat

Etc.

Not like this:

Ibanez Jem Fender Strat Etc.

That way your choices will come up with individual buttons to vote on. :D

Cheers Si!!!! ( He says... blushing at his ineptness B) )

Personally of all of them I still think the Wolfgang wins it. Having visited the local Peavey Powerhouse and had a go on them they really do cut the mustard. I know Peavey dont have the greatest ahhhhh appeal but they have got the whole package right with this one! Its great to play... produces tones that are beyond I think most guitars and just have such a unique look... But I also agree with what Jeremy says about the Squier. I think its an unwritten rule to start out on one of those... And they really are I think the best entry level guitar around and have been for years. Solid. reliable and not a shabby performer.

oh well... thats my 10 cents! :D

Guest AlexVDL

I'd go for the new Peavey Wolfgang quilt top special.

Way low price and very good hardware and woods!

I love ibanez, but still they are a bit too expensive for what you get. Especially the signatures!

Oops I hope I don't offend anyone :D

well, i have played some peaveys and some olp and for the price, quality, etc... i think the olp is just as good as the peavey, i have even suspected at times with the way musical mass manufacture is these days that the peavy/olp is probably made in the same place under the same roof by the same people, and the olp being cheaper given the same quality, i would say the olp if your after that eddie looking guitar, the wolfgangs are nice, dont get me wrong but i think id talk to vwall about a olp if i ever decided i wanted wolfgangish/axish guitar and thanks for fixing the poll

i think squiers are the best value for money, well i would say that seeing as i own one! B) , but hey!

and yes it is an unwritten rule to have a squier as a first guitar.

when i was in a school rock band a few years ago , every electric guitar we ever used was a squier strat(badly tuned of course :D ) , the cool people were the ones with the epiphone SG or Les Paul :D

my 2 cents.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for the Fender Strat, although I think the 80's Squires were kick-ass 'bang for the buck'.

I have had both Japanese Fender strats and a bit of an odd-ball Japanese Squire strat, that had great hardware on it. A real vintage-type Fender tremelo with "fender" stamped on the saddles, steel base and trem-block (NO CAST JUNK) and even a 24 3/4" scale length neck that made it sound quite a bit like a Les Paul. I had to sell it because they seem to have made it for people with small hands. The neck was quite a bit more narrow than the other strat I had learned on. I could buy it back if I wanted to because I sold it to a friend. 80's fender and squire japanese strats are #1 on my list.

Also the way the strat is designed, it lends itself so well to all kinds of mods you can't do on most other guitars. I like a guitar that is open for so many options. I usually don't even like the typical strat sound, but the way the strat is made, you can do all kinds of things to "de-strat" it.

I voted for the Fender Strat, although I think the 80's Squires were kick-ass 'bang for the buck'.

I have had both Japanese Fender strats and a bit of an odd-ball Japanese Squire strat, that had great hardware on it. A real vintage-type Fender tremelo with "fender" stamped on the saddles, steel base and trem-block (NO CAST JUNK) and even a 24 3/4" scale length neck that made it sound quite a bit like a Les Paul. I had to sell it because they seem to have made it for people with small hands. The neck was quite a bit more narrow than the other strat I had learned on. I could buy it back if I wanted to because I sold it to a friend. 80's fender and squire japanese strats are #1 on my list.

Also the way the strat is designed, it lends itself so well to all kinds of mods you can't do on most other guitars. I like a guitar that is open for so many options. I usually don't even like the typical strat sound, but the way the strat is made, you can do all kinds of things to "de-strat" it.

dude i hear ya, de stratifying a strat is like a #2 unwritten rule right after having a squier as a #1 rule, my strat screams like a scalded dog, but then its a spare parts beast anyways, those rio grande pickups set me back a bit, and dropping in that black ice capacitor and that 1 meg pot, bitchin, this thing screams, i got my eye one this cool varitone kit too from Torres Engineering that cuts the mid out completely and makes the guitar sound more acoustic with out having to add the piezo pickups and 9 v pre amp etc.... so I would still say the Strat gets my vote

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think that the MusicYo Kramers offer the best value for money. more specifically I'm thinking of the kramer baretta. where else can you get those specs at that price? and the licensed floyd is actually pretty good (well, it stays in tune when I use it anyway).

• 1 year later...

Dean. i payed $729 (after case and tax) for an instrument i would be willing to pay several thousand dollars for.

you'll hear the bass played on some songs i'm going to be posting soon of my little brother's band, which i just finished mixing. yay!