Squier/fender neck routing

the new or the old? some of the new squire necks are 24 frets, where as the older ones where cheap clones of the standard fender 22 fret necks.. you'll have to be a bit more precise

Depth of neck pocket: 10cm

Width of neck heel: 2 in. 3cm

Are you sure thats correct? The DEPTH of the pocket should be about 20mm, the LENGTH about 75mm and the WIDTH about 60mm.

Keith

I agree, but with squire thier dimentions change from model to model so it's hard to say. Are you trying to build a replacement neck or a body to fit your existing neck?

i'm still thinking you should have the neck in your hands before you go routing a neck pocket for it....

I second that....everything else will work at best and not work at all usually....and you will NEVER get a really tight and good fitting neck pocket without routing it for a neck you have in your hands.

I couldn't agree more.

My measurements were just a guide after I saw BLS's rather mixed values (inches and centimetres??? only dress makers use centimetres engineers ALWAYS use millimetres) and didn't want anyone to make a decision on something so confusing!

No offence BLS I was just somewhat shocked at the mixed units.

Keith