Single Coil Problem

Stalefish

I've got an old, cheap @ss Ibanez with a bunch of DiMarzio pickups in it.. Configuration is H-S-H.. Problem I'm facing now is that the single coil is waaay softer than the 2 humbuckers.. I tried to raise the pickup but the damn thing is just screwed straight onto the body so it's not going anywhere.. (I had them installed before I knew anything about guitar construction... Idiot who installed them also made a minor mess of the wiring :D ) I thought of getting longer screws and springs to lift the bugger off the body so I can adjust the height.. Thoughts?? Thanks!!

try putting somethign under it too when you raise it up. i usually put in some of that weather stripping type foam.. more often than not i just make sure that the guitar pickup is the right heighth when i route it out..

I find the big problem with raising the single coil with any H-S-H configured guitar is that it invades picking space. On my Ibanez I found that I was always hitting the s/c with my pick as I am used to picking between two h/b's. Soon sorted it out by backing off the s/c till it was flush with the scratchplate. So who needs single coils anyway?

Surgical tubing is my favorite way to lift single coils. It replaces the spring on the screws. It is firmer so the pickups won't rock. YOU NEED TO HAVE SPRINGS. It is impossible to adjust height without them.