My tablesaw caught fire!!

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Is the ryobi a good deal? I like their stuff from what I have tried, but what do you think? Its the one at home depot. looking for a good pic now.

A new motor would fix that issue, but no the fact that its scary as hell. The fence likes to do it's own thing, so it needs to be clamped on.

Besides, the miter piece on the ryobi would be handy, and I could resaw body woods on it...eliminating the need for a radial arm saw.

And it wasn't spalted maple. It was a piece of purpleheart. That stuff seems to get denser every time I buy it.

Here's the wierd part. The saw has dome fine before. I decided that if I changed to a brand new carbide blade with more teeth, I'd put less strain on the poor thing. ***??? the bastard catches fire!

It might be coming from you. When I was first starting out repairing guitars, I'd often get so frustrated that light bulbs would explode in my workshop, just from me thinking too hard (?). Not just in one light fixture either. The worst was in another room, the 'paint room', since I probably got the most frustrated with painting. :D

• 4 months later...