set neck

Hmmm...gibson factory...sounds like a good trip

there is a guy here that runs a decal site...I think his name is mike but I can't remember...he has kind of an ez-inlay kit...

you get a large piece of square MOP then inlay that into the headstock...then apply a decal over it...neat idea actually...

I can't remember the link but the guy's site has more info...if you get in touch with him here I think I remember a discount for project guitar members....not sure if he's still doing that promo though...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI titebond II is not recommended for use in guitar building, since it has less creep resistance than the original formulation, doesn't set as hard, and it's only advantage is water resistance - not an issue for guitars which should be kept dry anyway.

Here's some info on this - I don't want to start a Titebond I vs. others argument - just passing along info. Basically, Franklin says I and II have the same creep resistance but I would stick with Titebond I for other reasons such as the ones Setch mentioned. Titebond Extend is supposed to have better properties in the creep area. I've been using it but it's too soon to report success since creep issues take time to show themselves.

YOU'RE THINKING OF USING THIS LIVE BEFORE TESTING IT THROUGH YOU"RE LIVE RIG????????

Dude you could be in for a shock!!!!!!!

First things first: It's a very cool guitar and you will feel the benefits of putting a floyd on it (I'ts a set up I use myself Expo + Floyd = Killer Guitar).

BUT.....

If you try turning up at a gig and putting it straight through your live rig without at least a once through of the set you may find that the plywood body coupled with cheap pups could squeel like a pig!

Please try it at a rehearsal first or at least at sound check. You might be glad you did.

Anyway........ plywood, alder,mahogany, who cares? Respect for not letting an explorer die!

B):D:D

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars
im thinkin about refinishing the explorer, anyone know where i can get a gibson decal for the headstock thats the original shiny silvery color? all i can find is black

ebay. I'll pot ya some links.