Sanding Sealer...

hey all,

Now, my native language ain't English and my local paint shop only employs people who speak my language with a freaking accent that often I do don't understand.

So how the %^& do I tell them I need sanding sealer? I don't even know for sure what sanding sealer is.

Could anyone please explain to me how it looks? I know what it does thogh... God, I feel stupid.... hahaha

Coen

Ask them for "wood sealer" to prepair for painting or adding a clear coat over, do you have an OBI around? The most common area it is used for there is sealing outside wooden decks and wooden patio funiture.

Most everywhere it will come in a brush on style can. It will appear milky white untill it dries so don't freak when you open the can up and it isn't clear inside. :D

check out www.stewmac.com. they have a water-based woodsealer that i'm using, works well, but make sure your careful not to sand through some area and not through others, it's clear but makes the wood slightly darker when clear laquer is applied. IMO the wood looks better when you don't sand through it.

us the Dutch really don't like to be mistaken with Germans....:-)

None intended bro, just taking a guess n stab in the dark for a local market or hardware store chain for you since thats where I go when I'm in Slovenia along with another place called BauMax

Guest AlexVDL

Can you use regular primer paint instead of sanding sealer? I guess it works almost the same, because some of the primers are being used to fill the open surfaces on woods (bit primarily for better attachment of the paint of course).

And Coen, as for tung oil you just can use "twee keer gekookte lijnolie" which means double boiled linseed oil. If you use great quantities of that stuff you can use it as a lacquer. I use it to fill the grains of my woods which I don't want to be clear coated. It hardens up really well. 10 to 15 layers of that stuff and buff it really well, then your guitar looks like it's finished as an old classical guitar, so not really high gloss but very nice.

:DB):D