Maple & Mahogany DC

Very, very beautiful indeed! You are flying the flag for uk guitar builders..... Did you get the bridge from WD? It looks the same as the one I got for my first project and a fine piece of kit it is too! It'd be nice to think my guitars will be as good as yours in a few years time, kee 'em coming!

The bridge is from WD - though you can get it cheaper from Axes'R'Us. I like it, though I had to grind the height set screws down to avoid chewing my hand up on them - they seem to assume you'll have the bridge pieces pretty high!

The natural finish was a reaction to my last guitar, a blue quilt top, with black back and sides. It looked so good after a coat of shellac that I decided to make the next one natural. You'll probably be seeing the blue one again soon, I'm tearing it down and re-carving, re-binding & refinishing it. It looks OK now, but I can do a better carve, a better binding job, and the finish work isn't great.

orangepeely_blue01.jpg

The bridge is from WD - though you can get it cheaper from Axes'R'Us.

That bridge is Korean and Mighty Mite has it, as well as others. A friend of mine returned his after he found out the price difference. The kicker is that the WD guy tried telling him that theirs was a better piece. :D They had the same "Jxxxxx" part number on the bottom. I worked at Cort/Mighty Mite for 3 years and I know the bridge. I mean who are they trying to fool? It's a great bridge though, and theoretically it's "worth" what WD is charging, but not when you can get it elsewhere for much less.

Your guitar looks great by the way!