making camo painting

I speak from no personal experience, but it seems to me that the simplest way to do it is a fabric finish.

If you're set on painting it, draw up/print out a camo pattern. Seems three or four colors should do it: tan, one or two greens, and a brown. Start by spraying the whole thing tan, then using your pattern, cover the areas that you want to keep tan with contact paper, and spray again. Do this for each color until you have what you want.

Maybe a cool effect would be to do it all tan, lay some clear, then green, then more clear, etc. to give it some depth.

Again, I don't speak from experience, but i think this should work well.

Masking works pretty well....

If you want camo to look more camo you wouldn't want it shiny...you could get by using a rattle can or even a brush and some semi gloss mismatch paint from walmart (did a boat like that)

That probably wouldn't make the guitar look to sexy though...

The more colors you add the less bold the look will be....as well the more intricate the pattern the less bold it will be....

As was mentioned you can always grab camo material from any fabric store

Skibum pretty much nailed it on the painting side of things. Depends on the type of camo you want though, I did a Jackson for a customer to match a material he covered his amp with, came out pretty good, but that's what I did, tan first, then green, then the dark brown, then black.

jacamo-1.jpg

Of course the glossy finish isn't really camo looking, but it's still cool :D

Skibum pretty much nailed it on the painting side of things. Depends on the type of camo you want though, I did a Jackson for a customer to match a material he covered his amp with, came out pretty good, but that's what I did, tan first, then green, then the dark brown, then black.

jacamo-1.jpg

Of course the glossy finish isn't really camo looking, but it's still cool :D

that was really cool guitar, looked very nice.

thanks to everybody who has helped me and gived hints, when i have painted my RR i'm going to put some pics of it here and tell how did i did it=)