Moses graphite necks

Im considering one for the aluminum tele body ive got on order. Musicians Friend has 'em for $200. The thin wide one seems cool. You can get them with colorshift tinting now as well.

Anybody tried them? Good/Bad negative. My main axe is a Parker Nitefly Sa, so I know i love the carbon fingerboard.

How hard is the install with the threaded inserts?

Yes ive already checked harmony central. :D (not to be rude, but i keep getting pointed there on these threads, when im looking for experience from "known" sources")

Yes ive already checked harmony central. :D (not to be rude, but i keep getting pointed there on these threads, when im looking for experience from "known" sources")

i have never found a harmony central review to be helpful...

as far as the moses necks...i have only heard good things,nothing bad

Someone told me the Moses necks have an adjustable truss-rod. If this is true, it would be a big plus over a Steinberger neck which doesn't have the adjustable truss-rod. If need be, plug the holes in the body and re-drill new ones, if they don't line up with the threaded insert screw holes. Threaded inserts are great, but everything really needs to be lined up, so there's no forcing a screw to go into threads that don't line up, which could cause quite a mess to fix (stripped insert ). And you'd be lucky if a body with pre-drilled holes really lines up to the inserts as well as needed.

EDIT : Forgot about the body being aluminum. Wouldn't be so easy to plug holes. I'd be 50/50 on whether to re-do the body, or re-do the neck holes. Pray that they line up.

Im not making the aluminum body, its on order from spruce hill guitars.

How heavy are the bodies? I guess I should also ask how thick they are and if they're chambered. For comparison, the Abel Axe with a kahler weighs about 9.5 lbs. but it's full of holes and is really thin (with tiny neck joint) :D.

Im not making the aluminum body, its on order from spruce hill guitars.

The moses necks dont come predrilled for the inserts.

Actually there page has a good explination of how to set up a neck for drilling.

Oh yeah, I was thinking of Modulus Graphite necks, which come out of the factory with the inserts in them.

Both sellers say they have worked with each other on a regular basis with no problem. So its definitley a moses neck, in fact Spruce hill says they work very well together.

Now its just if i want to spend an extra 250 for them to mold it color shifting:

holographicneck1.jpg

For $150 moses will set up, intonate, and cut the nut. Basically I provide them the material and they will assemble and set up the guitar. While I have set up or assembled most of my gutiars, this may be worth it. My time has become much more limited with this whole playing out 1x a week thing.(3x recently)

Otherwise its have a freind help me who recently finished Roberto-Venn help, but he's busier than i am.