colored frets?

Hmm....I guess they would have to be from some other kind of material than usual frets. Simply finishing the usual nickel frets won't help because the finish will very soon be destroyed by fretwear....And frets out of other materials may sound bad....there are many people not liking the sound of stainless steel frets for example....

The only other colors I've seen are greenish brown and rusty orange. B) Both can be buffed off! :D

Warwick uses some bell brass alloy mixture so while they are clean and polished they look goldish but soon tarnish out.

There aren't that many alloys that are strong enough to take the abuse that aren't naturally silver in color. I wonder if you could make them out of ceramic with a nice glaze over them. That would probably work for a classical at least.

except if you scratch it it will be the usuall silver color underneath, same as if you scratch your bridge or your tuneres that are colored black or gold

and because of the regular wear of the strings and additional wear with sliding, bends, hammer ons and other techniques the fretwire should be discolored along the strings pretty quickly.

When hit with a blowtorch, titanium turns shades of blue and purplt. I don't know how it'd do as frets, though....

aluminum isn't strong enough, and I can't think of a way to color nickel....

Sounds like a bell brass alloy is a good option if you want gold.

in autralia we have this anti-oxidizing paint called rust kill. anyway's, it holds up very well, <better than anodizing - not as pretty looking though> colour is very bland looking. i'm sure their is an equivalent in your country, you should try this!

i would be all for black fretwire too that'd look killer.... there's got to be some way to make black metal that will still look black even after cutting and filing...

i did

i found this site

http://www.fredsmusic.com/parker.html

they claim to sell a parker fly hardtail (near the bottom) with black fretwire no picture so dont know if its real

Parker Fly Hardtail - non-vibrato bridge, piezo and magnetic pickups, basswood body, basswood neck, custom Sperzel D-tuner, black jumbo fretwire, heavy duty gig bag included.

i read somewhere that parker fly guitar have stainless steel frets. i don't know if the black ones are stainless though.

i was able to find this info page on black steel, although i'm still not sure if this is write.... but if it is... L and MR might be suitable to the guitar

http://www.steel-n.com/esales/general/us/c...plate/type.html

on side note, typing black metal into google just doesn't work :D

Back in the 80's one of my heros came with this guitar. I thought it was kinda over the edge, but colored frets, other than silver or gold is too much, :D I realy don't think it will be good, it will wear and probably change the tone of the color, it will be glossy and shinny on the edges and dull where the strings meet the fret. But it's your call B) .