project I am working on

Here are a couple of things that I am working on.

A LP style guitar that got messed up royally, I finally got access to a 15' planer to take off a good section of the top. Now I can add a neck... This guitar started as a setneck, but the mahogany warped, then my fretboard cracked, so.... it was a project I was working on a couple of years ago that I left around cause the quilt is great... What do you think about the color? The guitar backside is paint gold, the LP gold from guitar reranch.

lpfix.jpg

Custom guitar I am building for a guy with the last name Z.

Hollowed out body, from PANGA PANGA a rare hardwood. Machines great, wonder what this will sound like. The custom Z inlays are crappy I used a substance called inlace which dyed the fretboard in some bad spots...

zbody.jpg

znecker.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The neck pocket looks crooked. I'm sure it's not, as you've done this sort of thing before :D, but it sure looks off from that angle.

I like the green for the LP project. B) It's not... 'beautiful'... but it's interesting.

Well I finished the Panga panga guitar.

Its been hollowed out, so that it rings and rings. All maple neck.

Humbucker pickups with custom made rings.

and yes the neck is off a bit. my templated slipped as I was routing, so I just finished it anyway, what would some of you had done?

I finished it, its a free guitar for my cousin who currently plays but does not have a guitar so he can't complain...

Actually this is one of my first guitars to use almost all templates, the building went really smooth and to be honest, the neck is very nicely done if I must say so myself. even right after setting it up the action is super low and plays great...

Also for those of you who want to hear what it sounds like, here is my bad playing... Guitar tone

Coils taps with a f hole

HPIM0168.JPG

full guitar

HPIM0166.JPG

The F hole is just wide enough to pass the pots through. If I did the Z I had no way of getting the pots through.

I am very good at wiring, hence the business I run on the side, and have fixed countless basses and guitar that are wired like this.

Just take some fishing wire tape it to the end of the pot, and screw it on, its actually pretty easy to do...