My first

Here is a picture of my first guitar project. Its been done a while, and has quite a few miles on it already. I started out with a Saga kit (thanks Brian) I replaced the pickups and tuners, but overall I have to say the kits are great. The picture is from The tulip festival in Albany, NY my friend has borrowed the guitar several times to use on tour. I have more pics of the guitar in progress, and on tour, I just have to get my butt in gear and post them. I've been to busy building my second from scratch, except for the neck (thanks again Brian)

Tele

George

Thanks guys, the color is GM dark blue metalic, from my local pep boys. I put a set of fender tele pickups in it, and it sounds awesome. Its everything a tele should be. I have to admit that the kit pickups didn't sound bad at all, but I already had these left over from another project. Here is another picture of the guitar (the guy in the photo isn't me, but a friend)

Tele again

George

Hey that's SWEET! Did the headstock come cut to shape or was it a paddle? I have been wanting to build one of those Saga Teles like yours, but am a little skittish because i don't want to screw up the headstock. And I definitely want a traditional tele-style head on it. Anways, CHEERS! That looks hella nice.

Excellent!

I'm with SkiBum... teles are cooler than strats, though that amber-finished G&L Tribute strat that's been in the recent guitar mags has got my imagination fired up.

Still... teles are vibe-tastic.

I'm also on-board for the colour. Very nice job!

Greg

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I got the kit from Brian with the headstock already shaped, but on the new project I got a paddle headstock. Its really pretty easy to do with simple hand tools. The next one is a tele body with dual humbuckers. The body is going to be white with all black hardware. I'll try to have pictures of that soon.

George