My second guitar

Hi all. I´ve been watching this forum for over a year, and this is my first post. Since all the questions I had from building guitars were already answered in this forum, I built 2 guitars without asking nothing here. This forum is GREAT. Thank you all.

And this is the result of finding this place:

guitarra.JPG

right now It´s painting in a friend.

thank you all again

Tiago

Maybe thats why the arrangement of the saddles looks a bit different than 'usual' ?

Oh yeah, it looks great though! Cant wait to see it when its all finished.

I´ve been watching this forum for over a year, and this is my first post. Since all the questions I had from building guitars were already answered in this forum, I built 2 guitars without asking nothing here.

i think that is great...the fact that you used the search feature to enhance your knowledge without just taking the "easy way out" is really impressive

and it is a VERY nice guitar...you should be proud...and i don't just say that to anyone

Maybe thats why the arrangement of the saddles looks a bit different than 'usual' ?

Oh yeah, it looks great though! Cant wait to see it when its all finished.

i think he has just not intonated it yet...i think he just test fit everything before sending it off for paint

WOW, I wasn´t expecting so many greats comments. You guys are so sweet.

Yeah, the bridge is a litlle short on the bass side, but it intonates good. There´s a lot of little mistakes, less than the first guitar, but still far from perfect.

About the specs: I´m from Brasil and used woods from here.

The body wood is called loro-freijó, I think it´s the brazilian ash.

The neck is ivory, looks like maple and is very hard.

The fretboard is ipe, dark ipe. I think I saw here a thread about using ipe on guitars, and I can say that for fretboard it works very well. It´s VERY hard, strong and uniform. Good to make some inlay.

I´ve spent about R$40,00 (US$ 15) in wood.

I´m also using a roller nut and locking tuners, so I can use the tremolo arm to some extent without going out of tune.

The pickups are cheap korean ones for now. But they sound good. And good looking :D

Thank you all for the comments. I will post pics when finished.

Tiago

I think leaving a wood like that bare natural is a bit subjective, cause although its a very nice peice of wood, unlike a lot of people, im not inclined to leave every peice of ash/alder that doesnt look like the dogs breakfast with a totally natural finish B) I know its a very personal thing, and i -do- respect what other people are into, so im not taking the piss, its just some people rather leave the strikingly beautiful woods bare, and others seem to want to leave every peice of wood that -isnt- a total mess bare. to some people the wood is merely a canvas! :D

I think if your gonna go natural it should at least be stained a touch to make it a bit more vibrant :D

Just an opinion, like everyone elses - Im sure no matter what you end up doing it will look great though

wow.. good..

you have good talent .

my first making is failed... T_T

do you live in Brazil? i know brazil have too many good wood..

mahogany, jakaranda, ...

great work ...

Yes, I live in Brazil. Here we have wonderful woods, like mahogany, rosewood. But even for us is hard to get these woods. I never found any brazilian rosewood, and I talked to luthiers and they say it´s very hard to get.

About painting, my friend will paint in an opaque color. To take easy with him, this is not his area.

Tiago

• 8 months later...

Hey I´m Brazilian too! :D mohogany and brazilian rosewood are protected! They are in extinction so is harder to find this wood lawful, but how you now in the black market is very easy!

Tiago Brasil

E ae meu fi!? Como é q tá? consegui ver as fotos da tua guita naum! falas de onde? valeu!!!!!

ps: don´t pay attetion on my poor english hehehe

Edited by Marco-Brazil