Alternate Position Markers

Unable to order the 1/16 plastic rod stew mac position markers, as they have a 30 dollar minimum order. I have been unable to find anything like this at any local stores, so does anyone have any suggestions for anything that can be turned into position markers? I have heard about using pencil crayon, but im kinda sketchy about that working.

Unable to order the 1/16 plastic rod stew mac position markers, as they have a 30 dollar minimum order. I have been unable to find anything like this at any local stores, so does anyone have any suggestions for anything that can be turned into position markers? I have heard about using pencil crayon, but im kinda sketchy about that working.

try local hobby or model sotres and ask for plastic rod, basicly the same stuff, and it goes upto about 1/4".

It is normally acrylic, and is pretty cheap compared to stew mac, but only comes in black or white, no ablone or pearl.

Matt

I've not tried this for side dots, but it works well for other inlays:

Mix epoxy with chalk dust for color, metal filings for sparkliness, both, or colored metal (brass, copper, etc.) for various effects. The longer the cure time for the epoxy, the clearer it dries; clearer is better for maintaining your intended color.

Smear the epoxy into the holes, scrape off the excess, and sand to perfection when dry.

Find some more stuff you need off stew mac like something youl need for the wiring or something and make the order up to $30 but be careful and only buy things you know you will use. Its a good solution but you have to need stuff otherwise you are just wasting $30 on stuff you wont use

Or, you can just go to

www.rescuepearl.com,

and they have dots in any size you want, priced by the piece, no minimum order I believe.

Look there first before doing anything less than fully researched. :D

C. Lavin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HuFlungPoo259

u can also use a soldering iron and some 60/40 rosin core soler, drill out the side dots and shove as much solder as u can in it. Then melt the stuff down to the neck and sand it down so its flush. i did it twice wen i was making necks. It works well.