Future project: Opinions, ideas, advices.

Hi Fellas :D :

I have in mind a future project, but i´m not sure about this. The idea is build a guitar like this Ibanez "S" model

40eedf306b7ac8f3.jpg

( http://www.jemsite.com/jcustom/jpn_jc_2001/lacsd/s6csd1.html ) but with this specs:

- Ibanez reverse headstock

- Neck through (Lingue-Mahogany-Lingue (Chilean wood)).

- 24-3/4 scale with 22 frets (like Gibson Sg).

- Mahogany or Mañio (like Alder) wings to the body.

- Ebony fretboard.

- 2 pickups, single coil and humbucker.

For the design, the base is a Brian May guitar plans (from www.mimf.com ), is complete and a scale. Other reference is this project called "SKR BLACK CONCEPT" http://www.mosiv.jazztel.es/index.html (sorry, in spanish). :D The first doubt is about the Tun O Matic bridge, it will work? he will be confortable to play? What do you think about this project Bros? For already thanks, all opinions, experience, advice are welcome. Bye Bye! B)

So far, the idea sounds good.

I don't think that the TOM bridge will be a problem. You will need to make sure that you have the neck angle correct because the TOM bridges tend to be a little tall and raise the string height. I've never made a neck through so I'm not much help there.

I like the "Zen Guitar" inlay on that S model you show. I've never seen that as an inlay before and it looks great!

The idea sounds interesting. I don't know much about the woods you're using, but it sounds like it'll be very pretty.

because it's neck thru, I'm not too sure how well an angled neck would work. It could be done, but you'd have to do some calculations regarding what angle ou want and the thickness of the body and the thickness of the neck blank, etc. that my brain can't really comprehend right now.

Or you could recess the TOM!

Or you could recess the TOM!

best advice thta one, look at these Carvins take on PRS. For the price It will be pretty good. Also check their custom shop almost all their guitars with a neck thru or set neck have a reseced TOM and by my experience I like a straight neck better than an angled one, better to palm mute the strings, ( that's my preference)

That would be a sick project. I love the look of that guitar already (except I would prefer a more spaced out electronics hardware setup..with a side routed input jack. Other than that, go to work on that sucker! Make sure its got an all-access type heel cut as well! I think I would also prefer a direct mount of those pickups, instead of using humbucker mounting rings. It looks really clean...especially if you carve it from the bottom up, covering the metal sides with your top!