Van Halen signs endorsement with Charvel (Fender)

Just when you thought Eddie couldn't spam himself out to another guitar company (LOL), I got news from a VERY reliable source that Mr. Van Halen has finished his relationship with Peavey and is now offically on board with Charvel (Fender).

From what I understand, the deal was just signed TODAY!

In my opinion, it makes sense His original guitar body was a Charvel...Fender owns Floyd Rose...Fender and Seymour Duncan have an agreement...and they CERTAINLY can keep up with the potential demand.

Anyone else heard anything?

Hey, VH can sign with whomever he pleases, as long as he plays well. Seeing VH live in Detroit last Sunday didn't leave me with the impression that they were biting the dust; they kicked as much ... volume ... as I've ever heard from them.

If Eddie thinks he can get his tone from a fender and get free stuff from it too, all the power to him.

He has officialy retired from the music industry and was apperently tired of being let down by VH as he is never going to be invited back into the band!( It seemed like everytime he was seen 50 feet of a VH member the roumors of a reunion spread like wild fire, Like what took him so long to realize that the ride was over?

And sleeping with Eddie's wife didnt help him.

In my opinion, it makes sense His original guitar body was a Charvel...
Au contraire', mon frere'.

Ed's original red/white/black guitar was a 1975 Linn Ellsworth ash body.

And sleeping with Eddie's wife didnt help him.
I'm sorry, but if I could end up with more cash than Gates after a single summer stadium-only tour, he could screw my wife/girlfriend.

My guess is that Ed would be broke after paying for all the psychotherapy necessary to let DLR back in the band.

GET OVER IT, ED!!!! 3 hours a night, for 5 months, and you can buy Bermuda. THINK MAN! THINK!

Sounds like Ed has Paul Stanley Syndrome.

That's one of the worst diseases out there.

:D

the 5150 is just a Cheaper Soldano SLO 100

The 5150 is a great metal amp, but just because it looks like a Soldano i would say it sounds like one. They both have their distinct sounds.

Dosent EVH own the rights to the Wolfgang body??

Guess Peavey's gonna have to stop making them, its ashame i acually liked them.

:D

5150's DO sound like SLO 100s. plug into the low gain input, and try not to get the soldano sound. the schematics are almost identical, the only difference being the 5150 has an extra gain stage and resonance control. it's hard for me to get my 5150 to NOT sound like a soldano. my last amp was an SLO 100 head and 5150 cab

on a side note... How do you like the bias mod? i have groove tubes in mine, and have a set of jj tubes on order. I want to mod mine, but i'm skeered it won't sound good to me anymore.

The bias mod can only enhance the sound of the 5150 IMO. Peavey ships the 5150 out VERY cold with a bias of around 16mA which causes crossover distortion. The bias mod lets you set the bias to whatever you wish, i have mine set at 42mA which gives it a much warmer tone, and a more usable clean. I say go ahead and get it, if you dont like the bias set warmer you can always set it back to 16mA or whatever it was at before. Good choice on the JJ's i have some JJ 6L6's in my 5150 and they sound great.

There's instructions on how to do the bias mod Here and Here

Or if you dont feel comfortable doing the mod yourself Jerry at FJAmods.com can do it for ya, hes a nice guy and does great work.