telecaster body

hey people. im on my first guitar project and i thought id share some pictures with you and see if i can get any advice. only the body is done and im about to start the neck. i still have some final sanding and routing to do on the body, but heres what i have so far:

sam1.jpg

Tracing out the tele body.

sam2.jpg

the unsanded bandsawed body. you can see some of my template behind it.

sam3.jpg

here you can see some of my workshop. that bandsaw is a 10" shopcraft. i like it, it works fine.

sam4.jpg

hand sanding the body. i had already gone through it with a belt, drum, disc, and vibrating sander. just some last minute hand quality sanding.

sam5.jpg

theres the practically finished body. i still have a little more sanding do do, as you can see some minor bumps in the picture.

well there you have it, my first ever project. tell me what you think

looks like ash? find a piece of swamp ash is that?

Nice to see a youngin doin some good work!

I would get a dust mask. Even though you are not power sanding, the dust floats in the air and can really knock you around. Very cool work, look forward to seeing the neck!

thanks for the kind words guys. lol the wood is nothing special, just an ash body blank fron stewmac. i just finished routing a hot rod channel on a "practice" neck made of 3/4" plywood. ill have pictures soon. along with those pictures ill have a question about fitting the hotrod, but thats in a few minute4s. boy am i glad i made a practice neck, i really learned alot :D

Ouch, you payed that much for body wood? Am I the only person that thinks $100 for plane jane wood for a body is outrageous? Personally I dont know if I could bring myself to pay more than $40-$50 for a body blank.

I need more money... must build another guitar...