Cutting plexiglass?

yeah when you buy a dremel it usually comes with a few attachments and one of them looks like a 1/8" drill bit but is actually a rotary cutting attachment(like a rotozip).supposedly this will cut it fast enough to not melt it but i have never done it so there you go.a plexiglass guitar might be kind of cool though if you could find it that thick.maybe a hollowed out wood core with plexi front and back?what does b.c.rich use?

I've had wonderful result's with Lucite Tuff brand acrylic sheets using both a 25,000 rpm router and for really small detailed work a table top jig saw set at 400 (lowest setting).

I guess it really depends on the plastic itself, since I have run into the kind that melt's easy.

Well i was bored earlier and decided to try the jigsaw...well it kidna worked lol...cut some of it then got hot and melted it so i let it cool down in between small cuts not a prob...so then i cut some more it cracks the plexiglass not in a spot it matters so its cool...I go slow and cut some more...then it totally cracks and takes a chunk out of the area i need so i gave up for the nite lol

Brian where do you get that lucite stuff??

Rich :D

I cut plexi quite often (and lexan as well) on my band saw. If you Draw your shape on really well, and have a tilting bandsaw table, you can even cut your guard with the bevelled edge. I haven't had problems with melting on the bandsaw with a high tooth blade (10 to 18 teeth per inch)

then just a quick sanding and you're set.

Hello from Germany,

The best way I've found to cut such plastic is to rough saw by hand about 1/32" outside the line, then use a router (or dremel). the router bits work much better when they have very little to cut and especially when just one side of the bit is against material and the other side of the bit is just hitting air. If you want the enges of the PG tapered, you better research what kind of bit you really should get for that.