how to mount a humbucker directly to the body?

Hello everyone, I don´t know how to mount a humbucker directly to the body, my brother doesn´t want a PU mounting ring and I´ve seen some guitars with this type of setup. does anyboby know how to do this? I tried to search with the "search" button but didn´t find anything. Thanks

Alberto

most pickups will require a #3 or even smaller, a #2 screw to fit inside the existing hole if you plan to ever use the pickups with rings again and want to preserve the hole in the ear. Otherwise, just find a pack of #4 screws and redrill the holes in the ears of the pickups.

I direct mounted a humbucker on my charvel. Screwed it in with the springs underneath the pickup "ears" and also added a little bit of a sponge under the body of the pickup to give it a little more support. Worked a treat.

You could also, for height adjustment purposes, find the height you want, and heasure from the bottom of the pickup to the body, then make a fillet of wood this size, and glue to the body, then set pickup on top of it, then screw it up. This is really for if you have routed for normal pickup cavity or over-routed.

Jammy, thats another idea i was going to suggest!

Mike