Guitar Of The Month For July

The Project Guitar.com "Guitar of the Month" contest is a showcase for all the members, so show us your axe in this thread!

This contest is open to any and all members that enter and will be continued each month for a place showing your creation on the homepage!

The winner(s) of course will have his/her guitar featured on the homepage of Project Guitar.com and if you have a website the picture will link directly to it if you so choose (even commercial site's).

If your a forum member you will also be upgraded to a Featured member which allows you to see the Advanced Chat section and download area.

So show us your creation in this thread! You've got till midnight EST the 22nd of June then this thread gets locked and the voting starts!

Any Post that is not an entry will be deleted, feel free to start a new thread to discuss any guitar entered this month

There may be more then one poll to determine winners in different catagorys at the end of this contest!

Please post a maximum of your 4 best pictures per guitar entered

Side note, if you are unable to post a picture you can e-mail one to Brian and it will be posted for you

Decided to enter my newest guitar - sold to Rick of Symbiotick.

Spec:

24 Jumbo frets

Santos Rosewood f.board - 16" Radius

Flamed Ash body

sepele mahogany neck

double way truss rod

gotoh hardware

abalone inlays

dimarzio PAF pro7 and Tone Zone 7 pickups.

wired with tone bypass switch and a mute switch.

front1.jpg

back.jpg

front2.jpg

just a photo to show off the figure on the ash. taken during poly coats.

figure.jpg

this guitar just plain shreds! it has great action, and the body is quite heavy - so there is brilliant definition to the bottom strings. it sounds really heavy.

rick collected this and was extremely pleased, first thing he played on it was technical difficulties, lol! i admit, parting with it hurt! but all part of the process. glad he was delighted with it, i was also.

oh, the finish is an amber stain - cant remember exactly now. black burst and poly top. i brought rick down and asked if he wanted the grain filled, and he decided not to fill it. he liked it as it was, fair dues.

Mike

EDIT:

http://www.allbarkleys.plus.com/7%20string.mp3

soundclip of this guitar. thought id add this let you hear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey does my 7-string lap steel count?

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

Made from Walnut strips with two Purpleheart accent layers

2 Dimarzio "Custom 7" pickups wired Hum/off/Single

Kluson tuners.

Custom made Walnut bridge, string through holes drilled at the appropriate angle, kind of like a Takamine or Ovation acoustic bridge.

Maple fretboard with frets as markers

Purpleheart nut

Interesting features: The "saddle" is fretwire, bent around. It goes down into the body. At the treble end it is grounded through the electronics cavity, so the strings are grounded. The bridge was really fun. The string holes are angled corectly and there's a Godin-like oval cut right where they emerge. There're 3 jacks. One is a loop, so you can run OD/FX on the lap steel only. The other (obviously) is an out. One is an "IN" for whatever guitar you're playing on your shoulder. The black toggle switches between the shoulder guitar and the lap steel. So I can do near instant changes, even mid-song. All the material besides the fretboard were spare parts. The lip on the bass side is a slide holder. I use a chromed slide and there're magnets embedded under there for a slight "grab" on the slide when its in there.

So I realize it's not much, but it's a "something from nothing" story, and sometimes those are fun, even if not a contender. It gets a lot of play, I guess that's a good measure.

Hey does my 7-string lap steel count?

Only if my 'ukulele does! :D

It ain't a geetar, but its has strings, so what the heck!

tri1.jpg

tri2.jpg

This is a 'ukulele that was commissioned by a member of The Langley Ukulele Ensemble in April 2003. It was modeled directly from the main instruments the group plays, which are built by a guy in mid-western Canada.

For the soundboard, back, and three side sections I used Flamed Hawaiian Koa that I got from a contact at Larrivee Guitars for REAL cheap. The internal neck block is Mahogany, but the tail & corner blocks are Spanish Cedar, as well as the kerfed linings, and Western Red Cedar was used for the bridge plate, cross brace & cleats (smells nice inside). I gave the back edges of the sides a slight curve all around, so the back is gently arched for stability. I bound the body and corners in Indian Rosewood.

The neck is a three piece laminate of grain-matched-for-symmetry Mahogany with a thin Indian Rosewood center strip, topped off with a matching Flamed Koa headplate.

The fingerboard & bridge are streaky Pau Ferro, and the fingerboard is inlayed with Pau Shell dots. Nut and saddle are bone. Geared 'ukulele tuners and three coats of polimerized oil finish it off. Took me 28days to build.

The young lady who commissioned the instrument has since left the group, though. :D

(Brian, if this has no place in GOTM, just let me know)

Hello all, this is my third guitar, I just finished it and I´m really happy with the results. It´s a Tele thinline-style guitar with a one-block solid mahogany body, a rosewood/maple neck with a three-bolt neck joint (I also built the plate from a piece of stainless steel, it´s pretty easy I swear), 21 frets and a 12" radius. It also have a fixed bridge with through the body strings, a Golden Age single coil and Golden Age humbucker from StewMac, a three way switch, a miniswitch for the humbucker (to go from h to single), 1 tone and 1 volume. The finish is nitro on the neck and poly on the body.

tele1.jpg

tele5.jpg

tele3.jpg

tele6.jpg

I´m really happy with this one, I feel like with the LP and the neckthrough SG I learned so much and have the chance to apply what I learned here. My goal was to try to build a guitar with very little money but that would come out nice. Cheers

Alberto

(Brian, if this has no place in GOTM, just let me know)

The way I see it we have already allowed an acoustic and several Bass guitars have won as well........so unless people take offense I have no problem with either.

Plus it will make the voting interesting..........

hey albert top,that tele is really nice,i like the custom scratchplate :D

k,heres my bass,maple body and neck,rosewood fretboard,20 fret.and a danish oil finish,i used to think it was awsome untill i seen wat all you guys can do lol

so 4 pics yeah?ok

DSCF0020.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled1.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/y103/madskaterfc/my%20guitars/

the rest of the pics are there,along with my half finished(well 40%lol)6 string bass

Edited by whitey