2x4 Guitar Build

Build a playable instrument out of an ordinary construction-grade 2x4? That's a piece of baklava. I'm in.

As a side note, I recently built a Konstantin Nikolsky -- the Russian pop star -- tribute guitar entirely out of wooden YARDSTICKS (using both pine and polar versions). It turned out pretty cool. His original home-built guitar was made entirely out of beech rulers, but I wanted to use something lighter (and better sounding).

ha, ok, how about everyone throws in $5 or $10 into a paypall account and the winner gets the total.

should be like 30-80 depending on how many enter..

sound good?

I like that. A registration. Then people follow through with it.

BTW guys, I make all of my prototypes out of 2x4's and they sound pretty excellent, pine is decent tonewood. That's with a regular neck though . . .a 2x4 neck would warp all over the place unless you glue up a bunch of laminates.

BTW guys, I make all of my prototypes out of 2x4's and they sound pretty excellent, pine is decent tonewood. That's with a regular neck though . . .a 2x4 neck would warp all over the place unless you glue up a bunch of laminates.

....um no. It works fine 7 months later.

Clicky