Time for another project........

BeAR

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey goat lover,  A>K>A> westheman...i live in leander couple of miles north of austin, bout 5 minutes away from lakeline mall.  where the heck is mcdade?    by the way you need to try pork....save a ghoat get behind a pig

my buddy the constipator lives in leander and i helped put up the steel on lakeline mall.ever see that blimp that scrolls messages in the middle of the mall?when they were testing it out during construction we were installing the stainless steel handrails and the blimp was scrolling all day with r rated smurf jokes :D

off of 620 or 183?

...still impatient here...la la la...shouldn't take you this long...

lol. jk. make sure you get pictures of that f*cking thing up here, though! i love cool/unusual/neat/fun finishes. they give me ideas for projects of my own. plus, your guitar is just plain cool...

:D

awesomeness. i can't wait. of all the projects i've seen, i'd have to say yours is one of the coolest, most original, and just plain cool. maybe this is why i could never build guitars (though i'm trying to). i just can't wait to see the finished project.

Looks stunning - that's my favourite colour!

how much? i have several major credit cards and a DBA account that says i can get that from you. :D

Just make one!!!!!!!

Piece of cake mate.

I think this may be the best looking Korean Squire on the planet.

Well maybe not but it sure looks a damn site better than it did. :D

There really isnt that much to this. I have spent a grand total of 7 hours working on this so far. Obviously that time was broken up into sections........waiting for the glue to dry on the top was a killer.

I put the base coat on quite thick to give me something to rub back. Im going to leave this for a few days before I attack it with some 1000 - 1200 wet and dry paper. Should be a nice stable base for the top coats.

Im a bit concerned about getting the bridge placement right. I know the measurements, but you only get one shot!!!!!!!

as for impreza wrx blue, good choice.

but be warned, there are a few different shades.

The european model has more of a purple tint to it, but the japanese spec wrx`s(sti`s included) have a waaay nicer colour.( a bit lighter and more pearly)The World Rally CArs (WRC) use the japanese(sti) tint.

the above is true for the pre-2001 model , not sure about the 2001-onwards and facelift model.

Izzy, the bridge isnt glued yet. Its just sitting there for the photo.

I still have half a dozen layers of paint to go on yet, then rub back the whole body, and polish. Once the body is completed, mark the spot where the bridge is to go and remove the finish underneath allowing 1mm or so of the finish to lap under the edge of the bridge. The glue will take up the space of the missing paint.

Hope that makes sence?!?!?!?!?

Bump...

Someone in the acoustic section was just asking about this sort of thing. Everything is looking sweet so far Bear.

I'm a little worried about gluing the bridge to a painted surface. What if the glue bond is strong enough but the paint isn't bonded to the guitar well enough. :D If you did a string through, it wouldn't be a problem.

Just worrying a little in advance for you.

It looks absolutely stunning, I love to hear it too.

I must agree totaly with Jehle.

I used to work in a music store where they sold very cheap acoustic guitars.

There bridges were glued on top of the paint as well. When winter came and we had the heating on in the store, some bridges came off with a loud bang.

Please reconsider this carefully

Strings through body will be an excellent solution.

Good luck and cheers