RGR580JBB

EB/MM EVH (Custom by EKG)

Carvin Legacy Half Stack

MY GEAR:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I think so. It just says made in USA on it. It's been around for quite a while. I got that in 79 shortly after graduation from high school. It's a great overdrive. It doesn’t color the tone just brings out some crunch. Don't want sell it. I have used it for so long, I'd be lost without it! :D

Ahhh cool

My buddy has all the orig effects from when Dearmond FIRST was comign out right here outta my hometown of Toledo Ohio im trying to buy Dearmond pedals and bring em back home B)

Rich :D

• 3 weeks later...

man some of ya have a ton of gear! i'll have to use you as examples when my wife complains that i have to much stuff.

heres what i got-

amps- Mesa Boogie dc-5 combo fender 68 dual showman, that recently fried again! mid 80s carvin 100w head( the one steve via used) an old univox combo and two custom cabs made by mua! dark stained pine they look really good both are loaded with celestions

guitars- prs custom mcarty soapbar, 61 SG , an old vantage LP that i customized with inlay work and body work,its awsome i'd put it up against any LEs paul out there!, 77 mustang, martin stinger, dano baritone, sigma acoustic,and a cheapy national acoustic.

effects- all kinds, old 60s maestro phase shifter, 60s "italian" crybaby, rat, boss octave, ernie ball volume , digitech delay, ibanez stereo chorus,and some a-b pedals. :D

I love brag-topics :D

guitars:

'98 Ibanez Blazer 21 MIJ

'97 Modded-To-Death Ibanez S470

'95 Ibanez S540LTD

'93 Ibanez R470

amp:

Fender Princeton Chorus

fx:

Yamaha FX770 + MFC1

Zoom GFX 707

Boss Phase Shifter Ph-3

Marshall Jackhammer

Marshall Vibratrem

Add to that list a couple of accoustics and that cheapo 'celebrity' axe that's just lying around here.

what next:

I try to move away from using multi effects units. Next on my wishlist is a Boss MetalZone, a neat Chorus and ye-olde-analog-delay B)

/me hides in dark corner with his 3 guitars..... :D

Then again im not ultra hardcore players like half the people here....

Squier strat (learnt on that a bit)

BC Rich Bronze Warlock (now in pieces)

BC Rich Custom Warlock (In production, ill post some pics when its done)....

• 2 weeks later...

Ehm, gear you say, eh?

-Jackson KE3

--1990, everything original

-Morgan Strat copy

--1998 or so I guess, bought it from a friend.

-A computer

--Used as amp and recording thingie

hi all,

i have an '88 jem77fp

'98 wolfgang special with custom coil tap micro sw, a tone pot added, and a

treble bleed cap added to the volume pot.

early 90's mexi-strat, with dimarzio FRED, duncan single coil, and a PAF in the

neck. this one is my project beast.

my amp and effects: 5150 combo with groove tubes

alesis midiverb 4

art midi controller

bad horsey wah

i also use a variac to adjust voltage of amp ala EVH

Wow.

You folks sure have a lot of stuff, eh?

I've been playing for 7 years or so now, and I just recently started to learn about guitars, music, technique, etc..

In January, I finally added a halfway decent guitar and amp to my, umm, "collection."

Anyway, here's the very sad list:

Guitars:

'02 Mexican Standard Strat (!!El Tirador!! No mods, but getting Bill Lawrence pickups for it soon. Love the Crimson Metallic color, probably gonna add a chrome pickguard and knobs.)

'97 or '98 Epiphone Les Paul "Special" (Yeah, special like the Special Olympics. Actually, a very light guitar, I'm guessing it's either basswood or some other soft, cheap wood that dents easily (No, I'm not dissing basswood, it's good for some things, clearly) The pickups are very loud, and very noisy, especially for humbuckers, I actually enjoy the sound, it's a veritible cacophony.)

Amps:

Peavey Studio Pro 112 with "Blue Marvel" Speaker. (I actually have nothing bad to say about this little fella, it's a practice amp.)

Epi combo that came with LP (Oh, man. One of the worst amps in existence. I'm surprised I didn't quit playing guitar, after having to play on this thing for 4 years.)

Effects:

DigiTech RP200 (Just got this a month ago, fun little machine. I normally play straight through my amp for certain sounds though, really noisy when bypassed. I'm guessing it's just the crappy, unshielded single-coils on my Strat.)

The fact is, I love music, and I love guitars, even though I'm not real talented, nor do I have the money to get really nice gear, I'm still sticking with it.

Anyway, for my next purchases I'm looking into the following:

1. A JEM (Love the look of these guitars. The ones I like the most are, of course, way out of my league finacially.)

2. A 7-string guitar (I like the idea of added range, but I've never actually played a 7 before, and I'm not sure if my rather short-ish fingers can handle it.)

3. Jackson RR of some kind

4. Hughes & Kettner Vortex Half-stack or

Marshall MG100HDFX Half-stack

Take Care!

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Well Well folks!

Im a new member ! Great site and forum mates B)

I have been playin for 3 years , and i am 16 years old .. Thats why my rig isnt really big .. hehe .. I cant afford very much great stuff . Best piece of Equipment i own is my main guitar :

Peavey Wolfgang Special (USA MADE) (1997) . No mods at all .. just pure greatness , one of the best guitars i have played . And im not a EVH fan ,, im a die hard Vai-fan .. this guitar knocks the **** out of almost any jem :D

Ibanez 360 Ex . Old Ibanez , my first electric ... Now i plan to mod it , but have never done anything like it on a guitar before . Kinda consider scalloping it B) hehehe ...

Yamaha Dg-Stomp .- My trusty effect preamp .. sounds suprisingly good for beein digital and fairly cheap ..

Trace Elliot Supertramp 100w amp .- my amp B) hehe .. it sound nice and loud ... but i plan to buy a new one with time ... Maybe a Carvin Legacy , they sound nice and are VERY cheap... but i druel for a Diezel Herbert .. best sounding amp in the world .. but i have no money , they cost more than a house :D

Also i have a couple of acoustics ...

A morgan steelstring , very very cheap and sounds better that its price ... :D

A expensive Amira that belongs to my mom , but i can use it as much as i want .. nylon ...

A vintage vintage vintage acoustic electric from the 30s B) wich i got when my great grandad died .. (before i was born:)) .... beutiful instrument .. need som maintaining though :D

WELL .. that was my stuff :D

Hope to get more over the years ..

And : to the guy up in this thread who had a tonecontrol and coil split put on his wolfgang .. : Was that expensive and hard to do? did it leave any "scars" on the guitar? i wanna do that too .. B)

Nilsefix

• 1 year later...

Gibson Faded V
(Neck: SD Distortion)
(Bridge: SD Distortion Trembucker)

Spencer Strat(my yellow/black EVH)
ehh i wont go to that mess B)

Saga HT-10 Kit
(Neck: SD Distortion)
(Bridge: SD Distortion Trembucker)

Project Kramer
(Bridge:SD JB or Pearly Gates)
(Neck Jazz or '59)

Yamaha FG-350 Acoustic('70's)

Amp:
Kustom KG-10(Practice)
Vox AD60VTH

...cool :D

Later guys,
Chris

Here's a picture of my stuff:

[url="http://fullservesite.com/bowser/100_0310.JPG"]gear[/url]

Ibanez GSA20 (SD SH11 & EMG 85), RG550 (old Dimarzio PAF's), Ovation CC057

Fender Pro Reverb, Digitech Genesis 1, Boss DS-1

I also have a Marshall MG10CD practice amp, forgot to get that in the picture.

electrics guitars:

Mexican Squier "Dragon" Strat, low profile frets
Mexican Squier Olympic White Strat, high "school bus" style frets
Mexican Fender Standard Arctic White Strat, but it's getting a new paint job soon
Ibanez JetKing 1, vintage orange
Epiphone LP-100, heritage cherry burst
Gibson Faded SG Special

coming soon:

Gibson Melody Maker
Ibanez Artcore

basses:

1938 Kay M-1 Upright, blonde
Dean Razor Neck-thru Custom Series, #732
Peavey Foundation, black (i hate that bass, but i still own it, just kinda kick it around and let my
little brother mess with it...)

acoustics:

mid-70's yamaha
1958 Stella Harmony Jr.
baritone ukelele made by some pissed off guy in taiwan or something, 'cause it sucks...

bass amps:

Fender BXR 60 (my usual practice/jazz amp)
AIMS by Randall BASSO w/ a Peavey 15" black widow, love that amp
Gorilla practice amp

guitar amps:

Ibanez H-100 half stack
Fender UltraChorus, 65w bi-amped stereo amp, 2x12" that i'm working on adding on a 2x10" cab
*NOTE* the above amp is NOT the Ultimate Chorus, though very similar. it's a shorter run that came in the early '90's.

no effects, but when i need 'em, i borrow my friend's GT-6 multi.

Allright, I guess I'll throw in my paltry collection too !

Guitars:

MIM Fat Strat (which I removed the S/S/H pickguard setup and installed a S/S/S
pickgaurd setup that a friend gave me when he changed out his
American Standard Strat to a three Lace Sensor Blue/Red/Gold
setup)

My first build project Strat Copy of my MIM Strat (which has the original Fat Strat
setup that I took out of my MIM)

Takamine Jasmine TS38C Acoustic/Electric

Ibanez Performance PF10-12 !2 string acoustic (with a Dean Markley soundhole
pickup installed. I even installed a
strap pin jack plug so I didn't have
to have a wire hanging out of the
soundhole)

Behringer GX212 UltraTwin Amp

Bass Guitar:

Washburn Bantam XB-125 5 string
Fender Bassman 60 bass amp

Effects:

Zoom 505 procesor

PA Gear:

Crate Pro Audio PCM-8 DP+ 8 channel powered head with two 300 watt amp heads
1 pair of Peavey 115 HC PA speakers
3 Nady SP-5 Starpower microphones
1 Shure BG 3.0 microphone
3 Audio Technica XM8 headset vocal microphones

Drums:

Ludwig Accent series

Allright, allright, the drums are actually my wife's ( and my youngest son is becoming quite proficient on them too.) We all get together and jam in the upstairs family room. We are not performing musicians, but we have a great time !

Edited by Fender4me

Hey everybody, lets laugh at the guy with a pedal board worth more than all his worldlly posessions lol

here's how it goes

Guitars

Kramer Striker Custom HSH ,entirelly stock
The Nuclear mess, first project guitar, refinished strat style body and headstock. SSS with master tone, master volume and a built in treble booster. also the only guitar to have gotten 0 votes in the GOTM comp. hellz yeah B)
Tatra Classic nylon 6 string folk guitar. probablly vintage, was my mums but now mine, might actually be worth summat but i dont have aclue.

Pedal board
ooohh here we go everybody giggle
Boss PS-3 Pitchshifter/delay
Boss OC-2 Octave
Boss DD-6 Delay
Dunlop High Gain Volume Pedal
Vox V847 Wah Reissue, heavily modded
Digitech Whammy WH-1, Origional, not one of the reissues, cost me an arm but worth it IMHO

Amp
Marshall MG15DFX

in my defencethere is a PA tube amp conversion in the works (cheers again BigD) so sometime soon it may not seem quite so stupid having an expensive pedal board.....i hope :D

[url="http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/metdoo12/detail?.dir=a286&.dnm=74e6.jpg&.src=ph"]Click Here![/url]

Mesa Single Rectifier pre 2000 edition
2x marshall 4x12 cabs angled is a 1960 vintage straight is a jcm 900
LTD Explorer being sold, already accounted for
Gibson Flying V
and various other guitars i built

MzI