Guitar Of The Year 2011

Guitar of the year 2011  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for hitones hot rod (June a)

Something about the shape (I just love this shape elec/acoustic) jazz style, even though I don't play any music that'd need one!

The colors also jump out to my visual senses.

If I got two votes my second would have been februarys spider.

It's great how votes are being split so much here. I had to stare at these for a couple of days before I could make up my mind, but finally resolved to vote for Hooglebug's Sakura Hanami. I had to go to the old standard way of thinking. It's the one I'd most want to own and play.

The picture you picked for the custom December Tele is not the best but I really loved this guitar. I voted it for the GOTY. I really like the idea of this competition. Pick the best of the best! Winner should get a special badge under their avatar! That Green zebra top really makes me drool but I can only vote for one guitar and the tele...its everything I would want in a guitar. Junes deep body jazz box is also a killer guitar... the paint job is not my thing though... still, I could look at these guitars all day and struggle to pick the best... indecision is sometimes the best decision LOL

I just took the first pic that each person has posted, I didn't make any "choices". I figure that the first pic is the one people would usually consider their best.

Anyway, when I took crows pic i couldn't even see it. Somehow the way he posts his pics either my firewall or ip blocker doesn't like them so I got his link looking through the code, I can see his pics in my iPhone but not my pc.

We can let the voting run for another month if you guys want, say end of feb? Gives it a long time to let people float in and have their say.

I'm open to suggestions

• 3 months later...

****! I forgot all about these threads. Guess they can be closed!

EDIT - it wont let me close or end the poll, either that or I just dont know how to.

Anyway - verhoevenc is a clear winner! Congrats!

The May GOTM reminded me that this was out here somewhere. Fun experiment, but oddly enough it didn't garner as much participation as even the GOTM poles do.

Chris

Yeah - I was surprised. I remember I was off from work when I did this so it ws xmas time, I figured it'd get more attention but oh well.