Back in the saddle again...

I really don't know how much I'll be posting again, but I'm fully operational again!

It felt like it took absolutely forever to clean up the overwhelming mess from moving, so i can get get back to making a mess again.  120 linear feet of shelving in the garage alone, re-organization of all the lumber, new tables, casters on a couple of tool tables.... a crapload of storage shelving in the basement and their utilization...  unpacking and re-starting my entire life...  

It's taken a hellofalot of disposable income and time.  But I'm in a MUCH better place now.  And I can put my uber-cool cat in the garage AND have plenty of work space. 

DSCI0032.JPG

DSCI0033.JPG

DSCI0036.JPG

DSCI0037.JPG

DSCI0039.JPG

Last Summer, I was supposed to make an acoustic with my youngest daughter.  As my soon-to-be ex-wife chose to abandon her vows, that clearly wasn't possible.  We wanted to do it this past Summer, but it just didn't work out.  So before she completely loses interest, I'm making it for her myself. Hopefully, it'll be done for Christmas. If not, her birthday is in February.

The back/sides are bloodwood, spruce top, white limba neck.  I'm bracing the top with sapele. The rosette is bloodwood/limba.

DSCI0027.JPG

DSCI0030.JPG

The second guitar for by benefactor who fronted me the funds for the acoustic tools should have been done last Summer as well. The back/sides are cherry, cedar neck, spruce top.  The woven lattice inlay of yellowheart/granadillo was a major PITA, but well worth it in the end.

DSCI0028.JPG

DSCI0029.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2016 at 0:38 PM, avengers63 said:

So I was routing the headstock for the neck on the lattice guitar yesterday and I blew out BOTH points. I was being uber slow & careful, and they both still blew out.  This will be the 3rd neck I'll have bade this guitar.  Really pissed.........

It was always the lower horn on les pauls where I would get the blow out- I know what you mean though- I never felt comfortable on headstocks- plus- the diameter of the router bit always caused issues for certain headstocks- 

I found this video a couple years ago- and have since used this method exclusively since- it takes a lot longer- but man- NO BLOW OUT and to me- the safety factor plus no blow out- I am ok with it taking 10 times longer. 

O'Brien Guitars drill press router video

• 5 weeks later...