Guitar Of The Month vote - October 2017

Time to vote!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Time to vote!

• argytar, "Danae"
    • MassimoPL77, "Ladybug"
    • seb, "Model 222"

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/01/2017 at 10:00 PM

Need another peek at this month's entries?
Click
HERE!

Welcome to the ProjectGuitar.com Guitar Of The Month voting round for this month! The winner of each month's Guitar Of The Month contest gets front page placement on the main ProjectGuitar.com website, privileged member status, a photo feature on our Facebook page, plus an (all-important) shiny member profile badge.

Good luck to this month's entrants! As usual, discuss your voting choice and opinions about the entries this month in this thread....however let any discussion in this thread influence your vote! :)

Polls will close automagically in the first week of November 2017, however this thread is permanently open for discussion on this month's entries and how your vote was used!

Wow, all three of this month's entries are exceptional guys. They truly are! It's almost a battle of the singlecuts. Almost.

argytar, "Danae"

A beautiful hybrid of styles that maintains the best of everything it draws influence from. The rockabilly potential of this guitar is totally out there. Love it.

MassimoPL77, "Ladybug"

Whoa. Both the sound and looks of this guitar are off the charts! I also expected a very bright and brittle sound, but the video demo shows just how wrong we were in even thinking this. The LP DNA runs through this one. Exceptional skills, patience and an eye for creating beautifully balanced work.

seb, "Model 222"

Simple and direct. I like that. Your build thread shows that there's a lot more going on under the hood than first looks might tell. Lots of subtle but important details.

• Like 2

On 27/10/2017 at 5:25 PM, Prostheta said:

Wow, all three of this month's entries are exceptional guys. They truly are! It's almost a battle of the singlecuts. Almost.

argytar, "Danae"

A beautiful hybrid of styles that maintains the best of everything it draws influence from. The rockabilly potential of this guitar is totally out there. Love it.

MassimoPL77, "Ladybug"

Whoa. Both the sound and looks of this guitar are off the charts! I also expected a very bright and brittle sound, but the video demo shows just how wrong we were in even thinking this. The LP DNA runs through this one. Exceptional skills, patience and an eye for creating beautifully balanced work.

seb, "Model 222"

Simple and direct. I like that. Your build thread shows that there's a lot more going on under the hood than first looks might tell. Lots of subtle but important details.

Gosh - what a wonderful trio of jaw-droppingly good builds.

argtar's 'Danae' warmed me up with a familiar, comfortable look but with some features of its very own that just enhance that feeling further.  I love the colour and figuring of the top; the neck is nicely bound and inlayed; the neck looks very playable.  The only change I would make if it had been built for me (in my dreams!) would be maybe for the rear body wood to be toned with orange stain to get closer in the colour spectrum of the neck...but you can only be that picky in your dreams :D

Then what can you say about MassimoPL77's 'Ladybug'?  I have simply never seen inlay done that well before.  Ever.  On anything.  From any time period.  The quality of build carries through to the guitar itself with excellent binding details, a very nice scarf joint and volute and a great finish.  Again, it is only in my dreams that I would own a guitar of this standard, so what would make the dream perfect?  Well, possibly a slightly thinner body?  Again, you can only be that picky in dreams....

And then to seb's 'Model 222'.  Well this ticks so many boxes for me it's just crazy.  You will have seen the stuff I've been doing with my piccolo bass build and the 6-string electric ongoing version...well there are so many parallels.  I'm VERY interested in the ways of building light.  I LOVE a decent offset.   I LOVE the colour.  In short, there is NOTHING I don't like about this guitar :)      And it weighs 6.4lbs!

In that I generally vote in the end with 'which one would I want to take home with me the most' ,  it's Seb's

Well done all.  Superb stuff :thumb:

• Like 2

Thanks! Congratulations to your excellent guitar builds, Argytar and Massimo! :)

Thanks to all voters, regardless which one you've voted for. ;)

Great community by the way. Guess I won't leave that place that early.

6 hours ago, Andyjr1515 said:

In that I generally vote in the end with 'which one would I want to take home with me the most' ,  it's Seb's

Sorry mister, no chance! ;) Thanks for your words. Makes me really happy!