ScottR

Manny DeLuna and the dark side of the moon.

Only just got to read this @ScottR and it's a remarkable set of progress shots that show a truly unique piece of work. You must have some incredible patience, but I also suspect you really love doing carving like this too. Thanks for sharing.

Any Osage Orange left to make Sammy the Sun?

2 hours ago, Splintazert said:

Only just got to read this @ScottR and it's a remarkable set of progress shots that show a truly unique piece of work. You must have some incredible patience, but I also suspect you really love doing carving like this too. Thanks for sharing.

Any Osage Orange left to make Sammy the Sun?

Thank you sir, I do enjoy it immensely.

And no, no more Osage orange on hand. That stuff used to grow like weeds on the farms and timberland where I grew up. It made great fence posts and hedge rows but was never considered very valuable. It's a great idea for Sammy the Sun though.

SR

Wow, I am in awe as I do not have the talent to do that sort of artistic work.  I can envision things with straight lines lurking inside of a pile of wood, but nothing that ornately detailed.  Great skill there, Mr. ScottR!

22 hours ago, TreasureState said:

Wow, I am in awe as I do not have the talent to do that sort of artistic work.  I can envision things with straight lines lurking inside of a pile of wood, but nothing that ornately detailed.  Great skill there, Mr. ScottR!

Thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

SR