• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always just do some Slayer inspired solo's just as long as you have a locking bridge  :D oh and im 18 and listen to alot of metal, some very extreme metal. And i still think those clips sound plenty heavy so dont think its "old man metal"  :D

thanks,youngster...i appreciate it.

i would hate to think that it sounds to you like iron maiden and judas priest do to me B)

Priest and Maiden are great, im gonna see priest at ozzfets this year right after slayer plays :D

The clip with two guitar tracks sounds so much better, it really thickens it up and makes it sound heavier.

don't get me wrong..priest and maiden are way above my lowly ass...they just don't sound all that heavy today like i am sure they were considered in the past

i'm glad you like the 2 tracks clip...i think nyjbkim gave me gold,so to speak :D

experiment

let me know if this sounds better...i followed nyjbkims good advice and recorded 2 tracks seperately to thicken up the sound..i think it sounds much better

Yeah, I agree. Two tracks give it a fuller sound. I like to record with one channel panned 3/4 left and one 3/4 right like stereo sound. Especially, when micing my acoustic but same principal when recording electric.

Harmonizing two different guitar parts is alot harder than I thought it would be. BIG pain in the ass, for me anyways. Whenever I try I can hear places all over where instead of a nice harmony the notes get off just a little making the whole recording sound muddy and sloppy(and I need no help sounding sloppy...or muddy, hehe)

Sounding good wes. B):D

something i just found out by experimenting...my sonic recordnow software will convert an mp3 file to an audio cd file which will play on any cd player(i think..it plays on my home stereo anyway)

so i have thesoftware to make an entire album :D

Harmonizing two different guitar parts is alot harder than I thought it would be. BIG pain in the ass, for me anyways. Whenever I try I can hear places all over where instead of a nice harmony the notes get off just a little making the whole recording sound muddy and sloppy(and I need no help sounding sloppy...or muddy, hehe)

Sounding good wes. B):D

i record with the click track..i have the other guitar tracks on mute

sweet wes!! that tone is getting pretty tasty, have you tried playing around with panning? if you have 2 guitar tracks that are identical, try panning one hard left and the other hard right.... it's pretty cool when you play it back on your monitors for the first time... or am i just weird?

I did alot of just hitting record as I practiced and some of it came out pretty cool and spontaneous (to me) but like a dumbass I didn't back any of it up except for a couple songs (I know, I'm a moron). My computer crashed and I had to format the drive and lost almost all my recordings. I had so many cool scratch pad type rythms and such I was gonna make songs with but it's all gone now B)

My point is, make sure to back-up your recordings even if you don't think they're good.

That's obvious to most but I "was gonna do it tomorrow" until the computer crashed before I took the time. :D

something i just found out by experimenting...my sonic recordnow software will convert an mp3 file to an audio cd file which will play on any cd player(i think..it plays on my home stereo anyway)

so i have thesoftware to make an entire album :D

I dont understand... If you burn a mp3 as a audio cd and not a mp3 cd it should work on any home stereo anyways.

so i have thesoftware to make an entire album B)

I dont understand... If you burn a mp3 as a audio cd and not a mp3 cd it should work on any home stereo anyways.

well i don't know much about that kind of stuff...but once it is burned onto the audio cd with that software and i put it in the computer and check the properties under file of type it says cdfs not mp3

cdfs is what all the audio cds i have say

maybe there is something i don't know but it's pretty cool regardless

computers are a mystery to me :D

panned

if you don't have a stereo setup on your computer,don't bother with this one..it is panned hard left and right and it has a "lead"(cough :D )

i recorded the lead with no monitoring,so don't laugh to hard...and i just made it up on the spot...it sucks...but anyway...maybe you guys can handle a good laugh.

ya, i must be obesseded with that pan thing, the lead was... inventive :D better then most of the crap i can pull on the fly, it took me along time to relax after i press the record button, so i think you're doing pretty awsome!