Building JS-7 copy

RGGR

i see you left a shelf, but on a lo pro 7, i think its a good idea to leave it open, unless you want to take off the trem every time you have to tighten the bar up...

I will use OFR-7 on this guitar (but similar issue as with LoPro you mention). I mostly play my guitars without the trem-bar, so don't see an issue there. Thanks for the suggestion though.....haven't thought of it before. Think because I never had to tighten trem bar up. (Still could do this when changing strings, I suppose). I left lip I guess to leave as much wood in/around guitar as possible, thinking it wood improve the resonanse (and so the sound of the guitar).

if you don't use the bar then why have a trem? would make more sense to get something like a tone pros tune-o-matic and string through, especially if you are worried about resonance...

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't use the bar then why have a trem?
I like the look of them, I like the feel of them.....and I use the trem without using the trem bar. Then again, I'm still a beginner in relationship to playing the guitar. When my style and technique progresses I think I will use the trembar more often. For now I leave it off my guitars.

would make more sense to get something like a tone pros tune-o-matic and string through, especially if you are worried about resonance...

Remember the JS-7 is/was my first build. I'm currently working on TOM equiped guitar for my brother. But everyting said and done.....I do like the look and feel of a tremolo equiped guitar over any other type bridge. And yes I do realize that so many people, so many preferrences.

And coming back to the lip left in guitar. I think I can always route it off when it bothers me. For now I just can't wait to get it back from the painter. :D

Guest AlexVDL
Because floyds look so damn cool... :D

nothing looks cooler to me than a string through tune-o-matic setup B)

Hah.. like all the cheap asian guitars like bc rich and LTD models they sell lately B)

By the way, a Satch guitar without a tremolo... is like a les paul with a floyd rose :D (oops I'm building one :D )

• 4 weeks later...
Should be back from the painters any day now......

Just talked to the guy......JS-7 currently has its candy apple color, and is working on the flames :D .....Hopefully full guitar is done first week of March.

That's the trouble with these guys.......they deliver excellent work, so lots of people bring their projects, with result that work piles up, and up and up. :D

Then again, I'm not in a hurry. No customer waiting for this puppy. The customer is me, and the customer wants it done right, instead of quick and dirty.

So we will play the waiting game again. Tons of other guitar projects keeping me busy.

I´d love to paint some of my guitars with flame graphics, including blue and red ghost flames and hot rod flames, unfortunately, most car painters know **** here, i´ve taken a couple guitars to several car painters and they looked like ****, i can paint a guitar 300000 times better than them :D:D

Edited by eddiewarlock

• 5 months later...

Just had a talk with my paint guy. Guitar has nice candy apple red paint.......but on flame part he hadn't started yet.

:D

It's like that for last three months now.

First teh guy fell off his motorcycle and broke his hand (read 3 month delay), now he painted it candy apple, but somehow doesn't feel like doing the flame job on it?????

Think I need serious talk with the guy. Or take the guitar back, and find new painter.

Maybe next guitars I need to paint myself. Then I know for sure it get's done properly.

Just had a talk with my paint guy. Guitar has nice candy apple red paint.......but on flame part he hadn't started yet.

:D

It's like that for last three months now.

First teh guy fell off his motorcycle and broke his hand (read 3 month delay), now he painted it candy apple, but somehow doesn't feel like doing the flame job on it?????

Think I need serious talk with the guy. Or take the guitar back, and find new painter.

Maybe next guitars I need to paint myself. Then I know for sure it get's done properly.

Seems like it's a cure man!! something like that happened to me, I had a 7 string RG guitar and i wanted to have refinished in blue ghost flames, i took it to this guy who did awesome airbrush graphics, and 6 months later and after i paid him he didn't do a thing to my guitar....and that's how i started to paint all my guitars by myself...hope you can still get the ghost flames man! good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Hey RGGR, One more month to wait and you could have had a baby :D

Good to see things have finally come full circle. Well done.

Now get that sucker finished!!!

cheers,Stu

It has taken way way way to long to finish this sucker......but when it's finally all painted and back at the house....well.....it's a nice feeling. I'm happy with the paint job (although some things I would have done differently if I had painted her myself.)

For next projects I think I'm gonna explore painting myself. Simply to have full complete control of the project.

And yes, already in process of putting her together.....the baby has to make some noise.

Here some more pics:

CIMG4093.jpg

CIMG4099.jpg

CIMG4098.jpg

CIMG4090.jpg

Edited by RGGR

These are the shots I was holding out for. The other pic was low on detail.

That is a sensational outcome you've got there, RGGR

All you need now is fret, spark her up, set-up and you're done.

Those flames and candy apple are gobsmacking!!!!!!!

cheers,Stu