needed - 386/486

weezerboy

Dude wants to plat that old game Digger at a decent speed B) I know thats why I still keep my 286 in the basement. The games it has are absolutely classic. Can anyone say Space Quest III ?

Classic gaming is the best man. I still have a commodore 128. :D

That DOS Box looks cool to me. Ill hafta check it out.

Edited by Executioner606

I think he means the whole machine....

I don't know why you'd want one...you can get pentium 600's for around $100CDN...at least for desktops...

about the only thing I can think of is a server or a controller for something...not as a PC???

meh...or he's just looking for a laptop that is dirt cheap and has great battery life???

jefm : i want it for multiple uses, my old one was my linux baby, but i got tired of that, so its going to mainly be my classic games machine as well as some other functions that i don't want to go into here and now, i would use DOSBox, but until they bring out a version that actually makes your computer stained with age and makes the screen tiiiiiiny i won't be using it :D

a 350 gig hard drive????

in a 486....are you for real???

Probably a typo, because Windows 3.1 and Win95 won't recognize that large of a hard drive; you would have to split it into a couple hundred partitions. And a 486 running Win 2K/XP would move at the speed of smell.

If you want some vintage computer gear, stop by some of your local "thrift" stores... the ones where people drop off used clothes and furniture. There's one near my house that occasionally has 286, 386, and 486 units (complete) for $10-30.

D~s

i think hes just listing the extra parts he has lying around, thoguh ive never seen a 350 gigabyte hardrive before

oh and its not only windows, most older mother boards (like for p1 and pefore), cant recognize hardrives that big, for the newer ones i beleive the cutoff was like 32.8 gb

the main reason im keeping my computer around is because it has that big old slots (older then pci), so i can plug in my scsi adapter and use my film scanner to scan old photos in. oh, and use my gynormous sounblaster 16 (its frikkin huge!)

Edited by truerussian558