my latest creation

It's rather morbid and ghastly, pretty much your worst nightmare, not for the newbs here, they couldn't handle it.

Family-oriented site, dontcha know. :D

But the Maple Tree Of Life is a different matter, I've posted pics of that. That is the hingepin of creation, and it is good.

:D E V I L , B) . OK, yeah I seen the Maple tree, I got 2 one upfront and one on the back, too bad they aint mine I could be drying a nice set of neck blanks as we speak,

And in here they are making a new housing area and they had trunks of maple about 4-5' dia cuted in 4' long pieces thta I wanted to get, but they are already gone.

hey wes I was just woundering if that last pic of your drawing was bassed on the

vixen by Bernie rico Jr and if so are you going to build it

to see what iam talking about check this out www.ricojrguitars.com sorry I don't know how to link it yet :D

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

hey wes I was just woundering if that last pic of your drawing was bassed on the

vixen by Bernie rico Jr and if so are you going to build it

to see what iam talking about check this out www.ricojrguitars.com sorry I don't know how to link it yet :D

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

yes it is loosely based on a cross between the vixen v,the beast,and the randy rhoads v...

and yes i am going to build it...with mahogany neck and body,ebony fretboard,hard maple cap,24 5/8" scale,and possibly a kahler pro(if i can get one)

and the zw pickup set

the object is to get a lespaul tone out of a better looking guitar with easier upper fret access.

Too bad the Vixen V was ripped of from my friend Paul Church A.K.A Lurch. B) Kinda the same way He ripped the Beast from Brian Hoffman. The man gets no royalties for that thing. Thats why he's playing the beast master now. :D:

I dont trust Bernie Jr . However Joey Rico is a good man. His designs seem pretty close to Ken Patin's (Yavcon) but theyre pretty sweet.

I cant prove that Bernie JR ripped lurch off but lurch and Neal can. Pat O'brian can vouche for lurch as well. Lurch originally drew it for Pat (of cannibal corpse fame) on a napkin in a bar.

demonv.jpg

Edited by Executioner606

Too bad the Vixen V was ripped of from my friend Paul Church A.K.A Lurch. Kinda the same way He ripped the Beast from Brian Hoffman

if thats true than thats a real shame that demon v is a way beter looking guitar and it deserves the respect that bernie rico jr took and clamed as his own!! :D

any way wes I think That guitar should turn out awsome and I can't wait to see it

and I hope you get your lespaul tone. :D

Thanks

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Thats a nice guitar man! Although it wouldve been twice as nice with a reverse pointy headstock ala kerry king!

:D Kerry King or Jeff Hanneman? Don't Kerry uses the Widow headstock,

http://www.bcrich.com/kkv_sig.asp

they both have numerous guitars...but the only one i can think of that may have a reverse pointy headstock would be hanneman's jackson from way back....but even that one may not be reversed

but you will never see a reverse headstock on one of mine...i don't like reaching around the guitar to tune

Kerry did play some reverse pointed headstock BCR V's. Theyre called Speed V's i believe. Mick tompson has one too unfortunatly. :D I think he also played some reverse ASM headstock V's as well. The man has too many guitars to keep track of which is a problem i wouldnt mind having. B)

Only thing I hate is the idea to put a Strat jack plate on a V.

yeah...but i really like the direction it sends the cable out at...i thought about recessing it into the actual v part on the lower wing (right about opposite of the bottom strap pin) but i ended up doing it this way...maybe on the next one

thanks for the kind words ,but it really is not perfect...i know where every little flaw is (mostly in the finishing) and it drives me crazy

for example...a gnat flew into the clearcoat and i didn't notice it until it was already about .5 mm under the finish :D

it is under the trem plate,but i know it is there...at least it was not something bigger...like a frog

i like it alot. i have a strat plate on my rhoads that i made and i love it. alot of flying vs have odd jack locations, but the strat plate solves the problem. this is just my oppinion.

strat plate on my rhoads:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v169/mattdow...ar_pics_056.jpg

i think it looks really good on my guitar! i think it looks a bit odd on wes's guitar, but it makes it much more practical.

Pretty much this , only i think the bodys arent as wide.

http://www40.tok2.com/home/heavymetal/B.C.RICH002.JPG

Heres one of the reverse ASM headstock V's kerry uses too

http://bc-rich.com/images/kerrykingv.gif

Edited by Executioner606