Axxion

MzI

for those of you sheltered, ESP is comin out with a new guitar in january i think it is, itll be Mustaines second signature guitar from esp, dave actually designed it himself and it looks like

Axxion

its pretty decent looking a couple things need to be changed in my opinion, so thats what im workin on now heres a pic of what i have done so far

Modded Axxion

so far ive put the what you can see into cad, modded the treble side upper horn and adjusted the neck placement

I havent seen a full picture of the headstock so im gonna design sumthin to go along with the body prolly a 3x3

and thats bout it let me know what ya think

MzI

Edited by MzI

i was thinkin bout puttin an f series headstock on there, i also have a custom f series rip off at home that i designed that i like a lil more so maybe ill try that, as for dave injuring his hand, yes he did while in rehab, but he recovered competely and can he can play faster then bfore so i guess you could say its a blessing in disguise, theres more to it but thats an over view

actualy it was more than just a hand injury. as i recal from the site when he was auctioning off his personal guitars cause he didnt' know if he would be able to play anymore. supposedly it was in his whole arm.

something about a compressed radial nerve i have the article on my brothers computer if i can find it.

it was a compressed radial nerve, he had pretty much no use of his left hand and part of his arm he couldnt even pickup up and hold a guitar, as for the selling of all his jacksons was cuz he had to pay off megadeth debts and since he was done at the point the guitars went

MzI

yay hijacking my own thread

he was back in rehab, it was for addictions again from when he was out on tour, but the damage was caused by leaving his arm over the back of a reclineing chair and he fell asleep like that

back on topic i found a picture with part of the headstock it looks from what i can see like a bc rich style headstock which im not a big fan of but im still gonna make sumthing up

MzI

Mmm, you started this thread on Dave's birthday and didn't mention it? lol, shame on you! :D

Did you catch all the info on why Dave called it the Axxion? Are you seriously considering making one of those? Will it be a bass guitar, because I noticed you have some quick sketches titled "new_bass_design." What are the things that make your design different from the Axxion?

P.S. You get the new album yet? B)

yes shame on me for not mentionin his birthday, off hand i dont remember why he called it axxion i do know that the 2 xx's represent 20 and the word axion itself dave gave a definition for it but off hand i cant remember its on the deth boards where he posts, i am considering making one of these, when im really not sure ive got a couple projects lined up right now so it maybe a lil while like a yr or maybe even next summer depepnds on how fast i finish the other 3 i have planned as for the design itself itll be a guitar, those sketches of a bass design are my own design i came up with last spring and that will be a bass which i will be building this winter so there will be pics of that in the up coming months to look forward to, the main thing was i designed that bass before i even saw a picture of the axxion guitar so no i didnt steal any ideas from it tho sum may see a resemblance my bass was a competely original design

MzI

ps and i did buy the new album i cant put it down its awesome

heres Daves words bout the guitar

"ESP Axxion Guitar.

A 100% original design by Dave Mustaine.

A 100% First Class Quality ripping guitar from ESP; in several colors to choose from.

DEFINITION

Main Entry: ax·ion

Pronunciation: 'ak-sE-(")än

Function: noun

A hypothetical subatomic particle of low mass and energy that is postulated to exist because of certain properties of the strong force

Then there are the two "X's" instead of the one.

In roman numerals, X = 10, also known as a deca, or in the matter involving time, a decade.

It has been two decades since I started Megadeth. XX = 20"

Edited by MzI

• 4 months later...

I thought I should bring this one up from the dead with beter pic's of the AXXION

Esp is haveing there 30 anniversrry and they are showing there new models

hear ya go :D

http://www.espguitars.com/2005_Preview/axxion.htm

http://www.espguitars.com/2005_Preview/ltd_axxion.htm

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Ya know when I first took a look at this thing I was not realy happy with it but now after looking at it the thing has kinda grown on me B) I think it would look deadly in a more flat black primer kinda thing but that's just me.

!!METAL MATT!! :D

I read that Mustaine was coming out with a new DV model guitar that would be including a new pickup he is designing with Seymour Duncan? It was hte pickup that interested me most.... he claimed in the interview that it would be a Active JB; a mix of the metal livewire and the JB. Anyone heard anyhting about that?

Also, I keep seeing this in the specs of these guitars...what is the JBJ pickup? how is it different from the JB?

Cheers,

- Dan

I read that Mustaine was coming out with a new DV model guitar that would be including a new pickup he is designing with Seymour Duncan?  It was hte pickup that interested me most.... he claimed in the interview that it would be a Active JB; a mix of the metal livewire and the JB.  Anyone  heard anyhting about that?

Also, I keep seeing this in the specs of these guitars...what is the JBJ pickup? how is it different from the JB?

Cheers,

- Dan

are you sure it is a JBJ pickup and not the JB/Jazz combination?

The specs as of right now still have the jb jazz set in them, as far as i know the new mustaine pickups when they come out will be in daves signature series guitars only for 2 years or so then they will be available to the public, why they didnt introduce them at namm this week idk maybe they arent ready yet, well hafta wait and see

MzI