Fave Acoustic Guitarist

rick_here

Which one's yours? (feel free re: "other")  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vote.

Noting whatever "styles/genres" that may be overlapping &/or "separate" (thus making this Poll Subjective, if not Irrelevant)....???

Tell which & why.

My vote's: Kottke.

The guy is entirely amazing (saw him twice).

If he ever "went electric".......move over Steve Vai!!!!

(Hello, Jeff Beck)!!!

Strangely-so....I saw Martin Simpson in concert just once........(nevermind the details).

I was [Literally] Blown-Away...but the story is too-subjective to post on the web.

Richie Havens.

Who knew?

(yaaaaaaaay)!!!!!

Saber-

Thanx for that "Tommy Emmanuel" Tip....I dunno him/his stuff.

Will keep an ear open.

I would have to go with someone named Willy Porter- think of him as a fusion between folk and rock, with amazing guitar chords/licks. But, I can't get over this other guy named Justin King. He's kind of like a mix between Eddie and Yngwie on acoustic guitar.

tirapop-

No, that wasn't a question.

'More @: "Yeah, how [that's] oh-so-so!"

Depends on genres/styles & just-what yer talkin about, huh?

(or something like that)....

Don Ross

Good choice. I saw him play on the same stage as Tommy Emmanuel at the Montreal Jazz Fest but on a different day and he was awesome. He has won the U.S. National Fingerstyle Guitar Championship twice. Even though Don Ross is a fellow Montrealer, I have to say that I found Tommy Emmanuel more entertaining, though.

Edited by Saber

Funny, even before looking at the choices I had Leo Kottke in mind, :D . But a lot depends on how much exposure we've had. For that matter I have never even heard of half the guys mentioned. :D I have a recording (somewhere) of SRV doing some unplugged playing on a radio show, B) . Blew me away!

I voted Neil Young. Three guys I'd vote for if there would be Danny Cavanagh from Anathema - though not a fast player, he does some amazing dark acoustic works. He could probably make a whole album of acoustic and it would be in the metal section of a music store lol. The other would be either André Olbrich and Marcus Siepen from Blind Guardian. They do some really fast acoustic pieces and with Hansi Kürsch's Lord of the Rings/Mythology lyrics they add a sort of renaissance style guitar work, very nice when the distortion comes in.

-Jamie :D