Nice Looking Bridge

i just ordered me one of these to put on my beast,which is my current project.some of you may remember it.it is the one with the higly figured crotch mahogany top.

i was going to put a fixed bridge speedloader on it,but they keep postponing the release date

i hope it is a good bridge,but can someone tell me what is the purpose of unnotched saddles?won't the strings slide off when i bend?

"but can someone tell me what is the purpose of unnotched saddles?"

The strings curve around from the back of the bridge, so they may not need a slotted saddle - acoustic guitars don't have slotted saddles because the string is pinned within a half inch of the saddle so they won't move much. That's what I'm figuring...

"but can someone tell me what is the purpose of unnotched saddles?"

The strings curve around from the back of the bridge, so they may not need a slotted saddle - acoustic guitars don't have slotted saddles because the string is pinned within a half inch of the saddle so they won't move much.  That's what I'm figuring...

good point and i did think of that,but i also notice it on some t.o.ms as well...

i bought a tone pros t.o.m. for my first vee and it came with unnotched saddles...i had to notch them myself(and i did a piss poor job of it :D )

i hope i don't have to notch these

btw lex you can copy and paste what you want to quote into the reply box,and then you can highlight it and hit the "quote" box at the top and it will quote it better

but maybe you prefer it like that or are using the fast reply,in which case never mind

yeah but if you only want to change the E string it would be a bit of pain. I have a guitar with a bridge thats positioned very much like that one in the picture and its frustration when I have to change just a single string. Not that its that much of a deal for me, because i generally change all my strings when I change one, but on the odd occasion I get a dud string in a new set or something it presents a small problem :D

yeah but if you only want to change the E string it would be a bit of pain. I have a guitar with a bridge thats positioned very much like that one in the picture and its frustration when I have to change just a single string. Not that its that much of a deal for me, because i generally change all my strings when I change one, but on the odd occasion I get a dud string in a new set or something it presents a small problem B)

Never thought of that... :D

that guitar they have that bridge on looks like a 1954 les paul, Hope they put it all back to orginal :D

i've used this style of front loading bridge on a couple of lap steels that i've made even though intonation isn't an issue on them. they're a good looking bridge and the string height is just right.

i'm wondering if that pup in the picture is actually that close or if the angle the photographer used just makes it look closer than it really is.

yeah but if you only want to change the E string it would be a bit of pain. I have a guitar with a bridge thats positioned very much like that one in the picture and its frustration when I have to change just a single string. Not that its that much of a deal for me, because i generally change all my strings when I change one, but on the odd occasion I get a dud string in a new set or something it presents a small problem :D

It looks like there is enough travel on the E-string saddle that the bridge could be adjusted back and the saddle forward to gain more room between the pickup and bridge.

Those bridges are a bit of a pain to change strings on even at the best of times.