Cheap Ebay Guitar

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

for £25 and £10 P+P i reckon that even if it is crappy i can do a fair bit with it and for that price im not gonna loose out too much.

add in the fact that its a nifty shape and all im highlly tempted tho i have no idea what make or model it is. ive asked the seller if its all playing fine and he's told me that its all fine, no worping, stays in tune and not bad action. he said he thinks its a jedson tho hes not sure

any thoughts people?

JG

i realise its gonna be crappy but for the money i can put upwith that. its something to play about with and you can only learn by actually doing something. i need to learn how to do nut jobs (please no puns) so thats something at least. this may bewhat i set up to play slide guitar on in which case a change of pickup and posablle routing out aspace for a new one would all be on the list to do at some point

its something i can sink my teeth into untill iver properllysorted out the next project guitar and hey, at that price its cheaper and better for me than crack so i cant complain :D

This isn't one of those Teisco's, is it?

I guy I know has something that looks remarkably like that. His has 2 pickups and a transparent pickguard. Also has a sticker the says "Dana" on the headstock.

That tailpeice is a kind of vibrato/tremolo. There's a spring under the bolt that sticks out, and you could probably fit a bar to it. Bigsby-esque, I think.

It's also quite small, in case you haven't noticed. Almost half size.

i watch ebay regularly, i and i did notice this thing.

these japanese guitars never seem to have a partner, its like theres a million of them all slightly different.

i never considered this one as it was too old and the seller hasnt named postage costs (always a no no).

its hard to tell from the picture how good everything is on it. postage cant be more than £15, so at £40, what could you get off it if you were to strip it down? and what would it cost to restore?

good point alarung, i hadnt noticed that it was quite small, 20 frets but i dont really mind that, would be nice to have something a bit more janglly in my collection lol.

deadmike, i asked the seller and he says that apart from the electronics and the nuteverythings fine. the electronics id have no trouble with and the nut would be something to learn. i reckon that restoring it wouldnt be that exoensive, price of a new pickup excluded.

dont really think theres much to salvage by parting it up so it seems a better idea just to keep it togetherif i do get it

thats what i figured.

im gonna wait a couple days since the guy also has an auction going on an old tube hifi amp which i can have a play with. now to order my soldering iron and everything will be peachy

This isn't one of those Teisco's, is it?

I'm not sure but I can say that there are a lot of similarities with the teisco line! Even the look of the way the pup was built. I say go for it, just throw in a new nut and redo (paint) the body, (if is not to your liking) or got scratches on, replace the pickguard wich doesn't look like it belongs there, and update the electronics, I can see that thing with a single P90. Good find for the price!

And it's a 19 fret not 20, the last space got no fret :D

read my mindwith the P90, thats exactlly what i was thinking of putting in there simple because i havnt got/played a guitar with one and i wanna see what its like