The Impaler!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Matt, don't get fired up, this is not the 1st time, but hell, everybody got their opinions.  Too bad he is the only one that thinks that way!

Ya man Your right who was it that told me that "Opinions are like butholes, everyone got one and they all stink" I think that was AlGeeEater

That crazzzy man knows what he's talking about! :D

Thanks Maiden :D

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Yeah, you know as well as I do that some people are scared of things they can not do and too many people don't like to stray from tradition. It's crazy that you designed the IMPALER, I have been thinking of working on something that was a take on a warrior style body only more evil for a long time, I think you have accomplished it. Also, everything Godin said. So far you are the only person who not only sees things like me, I think we are in a class of our own, If you lived closer to me we could really F*** some S*** up in the guitar world, I think we are already on the path to doing that on our own .

FU#$K YA man!! Thanks Ragas Man now theres a Pick me up!

normaly crap like that wount bug me but this design Is realy important to me

when My life was falling apart all around me and I was losing money real fast

All I had left was this great looking IMPALER design siting and waiting for me to finish it off and get it all done and I had to scrape and and claw at every peney

just to get the parts I needed to get it done and because of that I had to go cheaper on A few things and in spite of that the IMPALER still came out strong

So for me to go through so much crap and hard work and come out on top

only to have some NOOB crap all over my accomplishments Man I get this fealing like I swalloed 15 pounds of cement

but hearing how you, Maiden, Godin, Redstein,1nf1d3l and every one else

feals about the IMPALER It realy makes me rember Why I do this

Thanks guys!

!!METAL MATT!! :D

dude, korge, it takes a lot to design a guitar like matt has done, then to actually build it perfectly, like he has done, its a huge accomplishment. Then to say it looks liek a run over peice of maple with black electronics is not only mean, its actually kind of ignorant. Dude, its not even made out of maple... and BTW, the "unicorn spike" is actually in the shape of a blade on a dagger or spear, again if you knew anything about medievil weapons (which in this case I don't even know much about them, but I do know that doesn't look like a freakin unicorn spike) you'd know.

BTW Matt, great guitar, I can't wait to see the next one, keep up the killer work.

Great job, !!METAL MATT!!

Totally awesome stuff.

Kinda reminds me of this one:

Black_Voyager_FT.jpg

IMHO, the only thing that looks strange is the pinkish finish you've applied on this evil as hell body.

It would look so demonic in jet black.

Keep on building kick ass stuff like The Impaler. :D

I don't know why some people get so defensive about things like this. Just because someone is building big sharp pointy guitars doesn't mean that they have to have one!

I think the Impaler is a class metal guitar! I've been scribbling pointy metal guitars since forever and haven't come up with anything as good as that! its not fair!! :D

oh well I'll just stick with tradtional boring late 50's guitars like Explorers and Flying V's :D

IMHO, the only thing that looks strange is the pinkish finish you've applied on this evil as hell body.

hahaha, pinkish finish! hahahaha

scroll up and read about PURPLEHEART

Matt, people put down others achievements out of spiteful human nature, but screw them. the Impaler is awesome and I would love to have one in my collection.

Youre achievement is a completely amazing to me and im building the Vengence guitar because of the impaler!!!! surely thats a sure sign that its awesome.

Anyway, im off to see and interview the ORIGINAL LINE UP OF TESTAMENT TODAY! W00T! :D \m/

hahaha, pinkish finish! hahahaha

scroll up and read about PURPLEHEART

Why should I read about colours when I can see them? This wood has a pinkish colour.

This is a kick ass guitar with an evil shape and imho it woulld look better finished in an evil colour (black?)

Digideus, no need to react in the childish way you do. Everyone have their own opinion. Ask Chuck Billy to read about PURPLEHEART. :D

Edited by DrummerDude

Why should I read about colours when I can see them? This wood has a pinkish colour.

This is a kick ass guitar with an evil shape and imho it woulld look better finished in an evil colour (black?)

Well I think your realy on the mark with that one I will never use PURPLEHEART on the IMPALER again, the only reson That I did it this time was because when I first started the guitar I was building a hondo copy and I wanted It to be a classy looking guitar, but after I cut out the top I was not realy happy with copying someone else's guitar design for my self so I did a new design with the top I had, I was never realy going to use it (or so I thought) and When I was all done drawing and cuting I took a step back and I saw that I had one DEADLY design so I went with it! this purpleheart IMPALER is realy more to see how it works and what I can do to make the design better B) So dont worry the next one will not have ANY purpleheart :D

Thumbs up, !!METAL MATT!!

Your design totally kicks ass anyway. It's so f*****g EVIL!!!

I am sure that Vladislav The Impaler would love to play it on his cemetary shows :D

If you decide to re-finish the axe in a darker colour, please post the pics so we could enjoy it. That would freaking rule! :D

Hey, I know that my guitar designs open me up for a lot of abuse in this crowd :D , always surprises me that people are pretty cool about it, all in all... I wouldn't sweat it too much Matt (besides, I thought korge was just joking about the maple thing...)

Anyway, here's the start of a joke: the Bocaster and the Impaler walk into a bar... heh heh...

Hey, I can admire the work you've done without being a fan of the design itself right?

I can say one thing --the Impaler looks like a PRO design --it has that right sense of inner balance to it, I don't know how to describe. But I'm looking at the guitar and I'm seeing a guitar you might find in a store somewhere. Has a timeless thing to it.

I think that's pretty rare to be able to come up with a design like that.

I mean, the Bocaster definitely doesn't have that...it looks like some oddball design dreamed up by some bored guy :D ...I can think of a bunch of others I've seen here lately that are like that too -- I mean, the build might be great, the finish might be great, but the design just doesn't have 'it'...you know what I'm saying?

So as much as I'd hate to own a guitar like the Impaler, it definitely has 'it' !

Oh yeah, and I agree, you might want to go back to it and ditch those ferrules...maybe a Godin no-ferrule type thing? wouldn't be that hard to do, would it?

spikey guitars rule!

some people are like me, i want something a little different, a little "out there" and something SPIKEY!!! :D

others are content with fender clones, you know the types, with the sunburst effect from the 70's.

im jealous of matt, that guitar is a fantastic design and build. theres some real craftsmanship gone into that, i wont hide my jealousy through put down lines, i'll just be honest.

matt, your a complete b*stard, i wish i had an ounce of your talent. :D

i have to ask..

how does she sound?

Well man I love the bubinga next time I use it Im doing a whole axe in it such sweeeeet tone but with deadly crispy highs big beefy lows It could have some thing to do with the purpleheart I dont know I've never used bubinga before But I think im in love I will try to get some sound bits for ya guys! no promises though

I can say one thing --the Impaler looks like a PRO design --it has that right sense of inner balance to it, I don't know how to describe. But I'm looking at the guitar and I'm seeing a guitar you might find in a store somewhere. Has a timeless thing to it.

I think that's pretty rare to be able to come up with a design like that.

I mean, the Bocaster definitely doesn't have that...it looks like some oddball design dreamed up by some bored guy  ...I can think of a bunch of others I've seen here lately that are like that too -- I mean, the build might be great, the finish might be great, but the design just doesn't have 'it'...you know what I'm saying?

So as much as I'd hate to own a guitar like the Impaler, it definitely has 'it' !

Thanks man!! that means alot and Dude I love your Bocaster I'd buy one if I found In a store!! :D I TOTALY RESPECT THIS MAN!!

matt, your a complete b*stard, i wish i had an ounce of your talent.

HAHAHA Im a b*stard

man I saw your first guitar for a first thats DAM GOOD you should have seen my first BLAH bad stuff :D but I built it and I just keep on going And I still have a long way to go!

!!METAL MATT!! B)

Well man I love the bubinga next time I use it Im doing a whole axe in it such sweeeeet tone but with deadly crispy highs big beefy lows It could have some thing to do with the purpleheart I dont know I've never used bubinga before But I think im in love I will try to get some sound bits for ya guys! no promises though

I take it the back of it is bubinga? I too love the sound of bubinga. It has a nice midrangy tone with plenty of low end and a slight roll off on the highs (but there not muddy at all) that is perfectly suited for many diffrent styles. Not too mention the flamed peices look FREAKIN AWESOME.

Well SLOW Im having a hard time finding the Bits I need plus I have so many guitar designs that I need to deside what to do with that I don't have much time to get out to the shop and do some real work!

yeah thats cos the wood is purpleheart

agreed and agreed. Matt knows how much I love his impaler design.

Digideus, no need to react in the childish way you do. Everyone have their own opinion.

err dude, lighten up. When I said scroll up and read about purpleheart i was of course refering to the fact that matt just put clear finish over the wood, and had you read the whole thread like most of us have, you would know this. Im not being horrible, in fact compared to some replies to posts on here, I am being extremely nice! Dont take it to heart. You got it wrong. end of story. We all get it wrong occasionally, it would be better to just say "Oh i see, thats why its pink"

Ask Chuck Billy to read about PURPLEHEART

Id love to, although im sure he has no interest. Perhaps Eric Peterson would be better to discuss tone woods with!

Matt, people put down others achievements out of spiteful human nature, but screw them.

See, I've never "put down" Matt's achievement out of my "spiteful human nature".

Actually I enjoy his project a lot.

What I was saying was that pink colour and evil pointy guitars just do not go hand in hand. Lollipops are another story.

And you are right, I didn't know that it was a transparent finish over a pink piece of wood. Still, it doesn't change the pink colour.

I can see it.

It's pink.

EDIT:

PS:

Yeah, Chuck Billy ain't a guitarist but actually that's the exact reason why you should have taught him a thing or two about guitar building (including the purpleheart part :D ) Or maybe it is better that you leave this to Alex Skolnick... eusa_think.gif

Actually what happened to your interview and may I read it somewhere on the net? And wasn't Steve Sousa their original vocalist? Bay area thrash rules 24/7.

Peace.

Edited by DrummerDude

It's pink.

It's PURPLE Dam it B) No more purpleheart IMPALER'S from now on

Next one Im doing JET BLACK :D

What I was saying was that pink colour and evil pointy guitars just do not go hand in hand. Lollipops are another story.

And you are right, I didn't know that it was a transparent finish over a pink piece of wood. Still, it doesn't change the pink colour.

I can see it.

It's pink.

So yer saying pink isn't an evil color? :D

I beg to differ :D

Matt, remember that even Count Dracula wasn't averse to wearing the odd bit of lace B)

(That purpleheart Impaler is great as it is... and it gets its message across very well thank you - no need to belabour the point)