Where To Buy A Jem Body?

monkey69962000

i would like to know where a company sells JEM bodies. Warmoth does not have them. I would like to buid one from a pre-made neck and body, but the body is more important, becuase im going to inlay the neck when i start this project (after the Les Paul right now, and before the Spider Guitar(starting in May or later due to resources and money manegment)). I want to buy premade, because i dont have access any time soon to power tools, except the ones at home (rotozip, dremel). Also cant buy a JEM because Guitar Center sells them at 2000 almost, and they only carry like one at a time.

Thanks. And i checked the search here, nothing came up

Thanks again for peoples help.

whoa i didnt think id be able to help you with this question but i accidentally stumbled on this

LINKKKK

Well i hope that helped

Yeah, but on page two it says:

"We currently have a thirty day waiting list for guitar bodies because of the extreme amount of orders."

I'd suggest Darren/ATD or EKG. A few bucks more but, no wait time and quality assurance.

Those places are great. Thanks. By the way i have two questions, and im new with JEM styles so dont make fun of me. Ok what is the Lion Claw, and what is Universal(UV) mean. Also whats a tummy and a forearm cut. Also in the first link there is no mid single coil pickup. Can you request it?

Thanks

PS my requested budget for the body is abou 200. I know thats hard to find. Thanks for everyones help so far.

Edited by monkey69962000

what is the Lion Claw
Lions Claw is the special routing of the 6 channels behind the trem. There are examples (and tutorials) about the Lions Claw all over this site. A little searching goes a long way.

what is Universal(UV) mean.
UV is the model designation for the Ibanez Universe 7-string guitars.

whats a tummy and a forearm cut.
- Tummy Cut (silly name, BTW) is the comfort cut on the back side of the guitar. A little wood is removed to make it more comfortable to hold the guitar against the body.

- Forearm Cut is the rounded edge on the face of the guitar where your forearm rests while in the playing position.

PS my requested budget for the body is abou 200. I know thats hard to find. Thanks for everyones help so far.
Then why not get one from the guy that co-designed the original JEM?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I'm pretty sure all of his are under $200. Mahogany, Alder...ready to be finished.

Monkey- you need to start doing a little searching/research on your own. In the Classifieds section on this very forum, this topic is a sticky right at the top:

http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=11693

I don't mind helping, but I do mind spoon-feeding.

Good luck with your project!

Guest AlexVDL
Then why not get one from the guy that co-designed the original JEM?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...ssPageName=WDVW

I'm pretty sure all of his are under $200. Mahogany, Alder...ready to be finished.

Yeah that's what I wanted to say.. jim donahue... he sells great project bodies, need final sanding and stuff, but they're great and low priced.

I bought 3 :D

B)

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know a few things about BRT guitars. Yes, we can cut whatever specs you would like on Ibanez style bodies. The waiting period is usally around 30 days, sometimes sooner. We offer a 15 day "no questions asked" money back guarentee on all af our bodies, so you can purchase with confidence. Guarantee

I thank everyone for the links to my site. All the sites mentioned in this topic provide very good guitar bodies. I have seen bodies from both of the other builders mentioned and they are very nice quality. Quality wise, the others and myself make bodies of equal quality.

Anyhow, thanks for your time and feel free to email or call me about any of your guitar needs.

Thanks,

Chris

BRT Guitars

chris@brtguitars.com

717-514-2465