Hope it does magic

Brian

hmmmm i have a toolbox i could sell for about.............................

.......................2 BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Must have a pair of genuine Honduras Mahogany handles huh B)

Yeah, i can get a plain aluminium mitre box for $20 too.... but it doesnt come with the correct width saw, the pin for the stewmac fretboard templates, the bushes to align the special saw to avoid side movement, etc etc etc.

Sure, i could spend an entire day modifying a cheaper mitre box, but id rather work for money, and buy the right gear.

I mean, for me to take a trip down to the local hardware store, i have to take an hour off work... theres $25 already, adding $20 for a mitre box = $45!! Then, the mitre box needs to be modified.... and you still need to purchase the actual saw...

Some things are worth mucking around with, some arent.

until you want to reslot where you got some epoxy or something in a slot doing the inlay, or you need to deepen a slot, or add a couple slots, or do a custom scale length fretboard.

I thought that was a pretty good price for the stew mac one, if I'd seen the auction before it ended I'd have bid :D My time is more valuable to me than the modding costs to a regular mitre box.

i do love tools.in the last 3 months i've bought a belt sander,an air compressor,a table sander(disc and belt combo),a jigsaw,dremel with routing base,various clamps,and a bunch of small sanding equipment.eventually i might even buy one of those miter boxes.i just think it's expensive for what it is.same problem with pickups.$80 for a pickup that probably cost under $10 to make(probably less).