A top to die for

Guest AlexVDL

Very nice done... beauty! B)

But I prefer no sunburst on those nicely figured tops. It hides a lot of the fine grain pattern. I had a Carvin with AAAA quilt maple top tele, but the tobacco burst on it was 5cm wide. Almost 40 to 50% of the body was sunburst. Why do a figured top then :D IMO it would have looked better if you had seen the quilt on the upper and lower horns too. But then again this is only achievable if your going to use a binding or natural binding... or a very narrow sunburst, but then the burst wouldn't be so smooth like this one.

Overall very very nice guitar!!!

:D:D:D

that is one really sweet guitar. i wish that one day i'll be able to find a nice veneer over here. it is almost imposible to find a nice piece of wood or a good quality paint in shops here. one day i'll order some nice veneer from the states, and that will be a fiiiineee day

anyway, i like your burst too... i made one myself, and i had a pretty hard time getting it even on all sides.

and it won't cover much quilt at all, since it is a rear routed body. keep up the GREAT work, and keep us informed with all the nice stuff coming out of your shop...

how'd you make the ibanez logo all sparkly? did you put a new logo on it, or did you paint over it except for the logo and painted it sparkly?

Guest AlexVDL

Jeremy:

1) if i't is a veneer, do you just glue it to the body or do you sand the body first so the edges are perfectly square, and you radius the sides afterwards ?

2) If it's a drop top, do you put it directly onto the body or do you sand off the thickness from the new top??

I'm looking at the pics again... I'm still impressed :D

Jeremy:

1) if i't is a veneer, do you just glue it to the body or do you sand the body first so the edges are perfectly square, and you radius the sides afterwards ?

2) If it's a drop top, do you put it directly onto the body or do you sand off the thickness from the new top??

I'm looking at the pics again... I'm still impressed :D

Alex, its just a veneer top on this one. The edges should be square or very close to square, if they aren't, it's not the end of the world though, glue your veneer on, and just sand the round corner until it's smooth. If you are doing a black edge like this has, it's no big deal.

here are some new pics, it's almost done B)

quilt_comp_2.jpg

quilt_comp_3.jpg

quilt_comp_4.jpg

quilt_comp_5.jpg

quilt_comp_6.jpg

quilt_comp_7.jpg

quilt_comp_8.jpg

quilt_comp_9.jpg

quilt_comp_10.jpg

quilt_comp_11.jpg

Guest AlexVDL

Holy **** that is one beautiful Ibanez 7 string!!! Is that the original fingerboard or did you replace it?

How much would a guitar like that cost? Or at least the whole modification?

This guitar rules :D

That neck was from the LA custom shop, built for Dino Cazares (hence the FF fear factory inlay) I have to repair one bit of binding that was broken off. I did the veneer and all the paint. B)

I'd tell you how much it cost, but it wouldn't be really appropriate on the forum I don't think, if ya wanna PM me I can tell ya though :D

Guest AlexVDL
I have to repair one bit of binding that was broken off.

Oops, you answered my question already B)

And sorry I asked you for the price... it isn't appropriate like you said, I must obey the forum rules too :D

Don't want to get you or myself a warning logo :D