Forum Software Updates

Hey folks.

In the wake of recent events on a few forums around the 'net getting hacked into and tons of info being corrupted on those sites, I contacted Brian and we're going to get the entire forum and site backed up as well perform an update to the latest version of the Invision software for the forum.

This *might* cause the site or forum to be unavailable for an hour or so. We apologize in advance for that time loss, but rest assured, it's for the best. When the backups and updates are complete, we will post here to let you know.

Note: The recent hacks have been against PHPBB boards and NOT Invision boards (like what we run here). While we're confident in the security, it's better to be safe than sorry, esp. with the amount of incredibly useful information here.

Thanks for your patience, and thanks for being a member!

Is there any reason why this site has been a little slow lately at times?

Is it just me? Im on DSL, it shouldnt be half as slow sometimes, but other times its fine unless the server is being updated.

Ya it's been runing very slooooow for me as well off and on I was kinda woundering why this was? is this because you have started geting the site backed up Kevan, or is it something else?

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Is it just me? Im on DSL, it shouldnt be half as slow sometimes, but other times its fine unless the server is being updated. 

Ya it's been runing very slooooow for me as well off and on I was kinda woundering why this was? is this because you have started geting the site backed up Kevan, or is it something else?

!!METAL MATT!!

I third that! I'm on DSL and several times in the last two days I just gave up waiting for a page to load after a minute or two.......I thought it was just me :D

!!METAL MATT!!

I third that! I'm on DSL and several times in the last two days I just gave up waiting for a page to load after a minute or two.......I thought it was just me :D

Nope, its not just you. We share your pain B)

Sorry guys. You're gonna have to talk to your ISP's about your speed issues. It's not due to our host; they can handle a lot more than you guys dish out (even in the Carriburst thread).

The backups and upgrades we're doing won't affect speed....because the site and forum will be unavailable during that time.

Chris- close this window and get back to your homework.

:D

Sorry guys. You're gonna have to talk to your ISP's about your speed issues. It's not due to our host; they can handle a lot more than you guys dish out (even in the Carriburst thread).

The backups and upgrades we're doing won't affect speed....because the site and forum will be unavailable during that time.

Chris- close this window and get back to your homework.

B)

:D Im so glad its christmas break. No homework until january 2nd when i decide to acaully do it :D

Note:  The recent hacks have been against PHPBB boards and NOT Invision boards (like what we run here).  While we're confident in the security, it's better to be safe than sorry, esp. with the amount of incredibly useful information here.

Wasn't the security hole in the PHP scripting engine?? Inthe same engine that this forum uses? So Yes it is very essential to update the software before this forum gets hacked..

Did I understand right that this forum is not regularly (nightly) backuped? If not I think it should be. Since this forum contains every day very good material to help people to work on with their hobby, guitar building and playing. It would really suck if the hard drive broke or someone could hack into database and delete every message, if there was no recent backups somewhere. Lots of good / valuable discussions about differents points of building a guitar would be lost!

Thank you all of this great forum, that has helped and motived me ( and many others ) building first guitar. And start a new very addictive :D hobby! Merry Christmas to all of you

- ARi

I don't know the specifics of the hack job, but from what I gathered, it was a virus targeting PHPBB forums specifically. You'd have to check with someone who dealt directly with it for more info.

I'm not sure of Brian's backup schedule, but I do know that it's fairly regular. Not nightly, but it is backed up.

Don't worry. We've got ya covered as best we can.

Thanks for your patience, folks.

Enjoy!

I'm not sure of Brian's backup schedule, but I do know that it's fairly regular.  Not nightly, but it is backed up.

Don't worry.  We've got ya covered as best we can.

Thanks for your patience, folks. 

Enjoy!

Great!

I hope I didn't sound too aggressive in my preivous post, I was just a bit worried. Too much good info would get lost if something happened.

- ARi