Cigarette Smell

syxxstring

Anyone have any good tricks for cleaning the cigarette smell out of guitar cases. I just got my Jem with the original numbered case and it stinks. I may have to store it in the garage.

In most cases Id just store it and consign it with some other guitar but can't in this case.(HA)

Fabreez? Potporri(LOL)?

Anyone actually used anthing that works well? Cuz right now with the case open you can smell it in the computer room next to my guitar room....

i buy and sell old band instruments occasionally and the ones that have been in granny's attic for a hundred years or so always smell musty..the product fabreeze has always worked. just open your case, spray all over and let it do it's work. assuming that you're in the u.s. you should be able to find it at any grocery store.

(A product called 'Fabreeze' claims to get rid of cigarette smell- I wouldnt know though, im a chain-smoker... there is a perinial cigarette smoke cloud over my head).

it doesn't really...it helps a little though.

if you smoke no doubt it will clear it up enough that you will no longer smell it...but a nonsmoker will smell it right away.

my ex wife's parents borrowed her car and smoked in it even though she asked them not to...then they doused it with that fabreeze stuff....

guess what?we still had to leave the windows down for a week to make it tolerable for us.

i have no problem with smokers...but why do some think it is okay to stink up other people's personal property?

...i have no problem with smokers...but why do some think it is okay to stink up other people's personal property?

Because the percentage of smokers who are inconsiderate, self-obsessed jerks is roughly the same as it is in the general population - the smell simply makes them easier to recognise. :D

hahaha

In Australia, its pretty much the opposite...no one smokes in peoples cars or houses...everyone I know goes outside to smoke. Even when I was living by myself, I STILL used to go outside to smoke.

Stale cigarette smoke is disgusting, even to me.

They are going to ban smoking in clubs and bars though- I think thats a bit wierd, as nearly everyone seems to smoke at these places (smokers AND social smokers).

Thats about the one thing i find strange- obviosly you cant smoke in any building, shopping center, resturant, cimema or whatever, but clubs and bars have everyone smoking.

In fact, you cant smoke within 3 metres of any governement building.

Which is fair enough. They are also trying/are banning smoking on beaches.

Luke

hahaha

In Australia, its pretty much the opposite...no one smokes in peoples cars or houses...

lol, well were definitely going to have to disagree on that one. Yes Queensland is pushing harder than most places in the world to remove smoking from congested public places, but that doesn't change the people and a very large percentage of smokers are jerks, and still leave their foul odour trail all through the place :D

I think I agree with your point and where you were trying to go, but i doubt we are the opposite of the states.

I know people who get upset when they are told not to smoke around my beautiful 8mth old neice - and these people are meant to be relatives who care for her.

A lot of smokers just cant help lighting up, regardless of where they are, and although our rules here have stopped a lot of the annoyance, there is still a fairly large number of idiots who smoke in movie theatres, on trains, in the non-smoking section of a footy game, in non-smoking resteraunts... ect... its crazy!

On topic though, id heard of that Simple Green stuff Drak mentioned, and ive heard the results were excellent - so its worth a shot at least.