Wanna Buy A Goldtop?

Bounty Hunter

Gold finish has a Beautilul gold ,with no Checking or Greening

Yes, but wouldnt a real 57 have such things?

Plastic Parts are a little dicolored, Probably because this guitar was played or left in a room that had smokers in it...even the control Knobs turned color

Yes that would be normal for a vintage Les Paul. And the original case with no scratches? The PAF with no sticker? Well, it sound shady to me.

Yes, but wouldnt a real 57 have such things?

Not neccesarily. The greening of Gibsons gold tops was due to UV light. If the guitar was kept in its case and not played much then it wouldn't green. Its the same as the Silverburst Les Pauls. I had one a few years ago that some old lady bought new for her grandson who never took it out of the case. Absolute mint with no greening or checking. As far as the checking is concerned, if it was kept in a decent environment at a fairly constant temperature and was built with stable wood, that wouldn't be an issue either. A guitar in reality is no different than a piece of furniture (different finish but same concept). I have a Headboard on my bed that dates back to 1874+/- that looks like it just came from the factory. Its all in how you take care of it.... and sometimes just luck.

Yes that would be normal for a vintage Les Paul. And the original case with no scratches? The PAF with no sticker? Well, it sound shady to me.

Once again... if it was kept in the case and stored in a closet then why would the case not have scratches? Or... maybe they had an extra case that they liked more and used that instead. Or maybe they only played the guitar at home and the case never left the house. I've seen tons of cases that old that look brand new. As far as the PAF with no sticker, that is a fairly common thing. After working for Gibson for several years I can tell you first hand that not everything that is supposed to be on a guitar makes it there. We ran out of labels for the ES335s and only had like 25 guitars left on production for the day. Do you think we halted production till we got the stickers? Hell no! :D We put em' in the case and shipped them out. Luckily we got the stickers in the next day. We then shipped the stickers to the buyers to put them on themselves. I've seen many 50s Les Pauls pass through various shops and the Gibson factory and can honestly say this one looks legit.

As far as that price is concerned.... I've never really understood the point in paying that much for something you can do yourself. Build or buy a Les Paul, buy some PAFs, buy some new old stock pots and caps, and its the same guitar. I'm tired of the mojo schtick. Does owning a $100,000 guitar make you play or sound any better? Nope!

• 2 weeks later...