Grounding a Tune O Matic

drill a hole from the control cavity to the bridge insert hole closest to it,run your wire from the common ground thru that hole,and make sure when you put in the insert the bare part of the wire is sandwiched between the metal of the inset and the wood.this is how it's commonly done.but if you run active electronics no ground is necessary. :D

<snip> i love them cause of the complete lack of background noise. B)

Same reason I like the Fender Lace and noiseless pickups - in priniciple. Have yet to strap a set to either a strat or tele though. It's important that I retain as near the original sound as possible - perhaps a little more gain a la Texas specials.

:D

well you know that if you properly shield you geetars, then background noise is a moot point. check out guitarnuts.com, that guy has a diagram and a tutorial for properly shielding a guitar, and it's simply amazing. i used to hate single coils with a passion because of the infernal racket they seem to all have, but i rewired and shielded ala guitarnuts and my strat rocks. it even works for humbuckers. i have a FRED in one of my guitars and it has so many more overtones and harmonics now, it's really amazing.

well you know that if you properly shield you geetars, then background noise is a moot point. check out guitarnuts.com, that guy has a diagram and a tutorial for properly shielding a guitar, and it's simply amazing. i used to hate single coils with a passion because of the infernal racket they seem to all have, but i rewired and shielded ala guitarnuts and my strat rocks. it even works for humbuckers. i have a FRED in one of my guitars and it has so many more overtones and harmonics now, it's really amazing.

you can't shield like it says on guitar nuts if your pickups are direct mounted (and therefore do not have a pick guard). :D