Meshuggah, 8 String Guitars And The Like

well, i have been getting into meshuggah for quite a while now. they are a fantastic band. everything is very interesting in their compositions, gotta love the odd times! really cant get enough - thats why i may make an 8 string guitar, just to see what it sounds and plays like! i think it would be a worthy project! but where do you get 8 string bridges!

anyone else like meshuggah? im into extreme music atm, dont know why - perhaps im cross, depressed or something, fetch the psychologist! but i cant get enough of em! listened to I twice through - its 21 mins long!

well, thats me done!

Mike

http://www.hipshotproducts.com/7string/7string.htm Hear ya go Iam useing the same one for my 8-string and I think these are the same ones LGM uses for his

8-string guitars also for a pickup you can try EMG-45DC's I've heard realy good things about them!! and you can get'em at a great price$$ B).

and you may run in to the same trouble that Iam haveing with finding the 8 tuning machines that you will need.

!!METAL MATT!! :D

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

what i did for my 8 was that i went to my local music shop and explained my situation, they hooked me up with 2 extra tuners and drilled one out for a .70 string for 18 bucks, as for pickups you can go with emg's or you can go with seymour duncan customs, i have them building me a set of 8's (not cheap though, about 250 for both) and as for the hipshot, i think its the only production 8 string bridge out right now, i have a black one!

My Friend Turned me on to the 8 string guitars and i think they are the obvious evolution of the instrument. Currently on the Prototype i have two Compact Bass Tuners on the headstock. curiously i was wondering what tuning everyone was using for their 8string instrument. i wanted to go BEADGBEA but found that the extended scale length of the instrument didnt' like the high A string. so right now i have it in. #FBEADGBE

well, i have been getting into meshuggah for quite a while now. they are a fantastic band.

everything is very interesting in their compositions, gotta love the odd times!

really cant get enough - thats why i may make an 8 string guitar, just to see what it sounds and plays like!

i think it would be a worthy project! but where do you get 8 string bridges!

anyone else like meshuggah?

im into extreme music atm, dont know why - perhaps im cross, depressed or something, fetch the psychologist!

but i cant get enough of em!

listened to I twice through - its 21 mins long!

well, thats me done!

Mike

i think you're just in the mood for metal slayage

:D

just don't use two bass bridges together

B)

Edited by smitty
i was searching for lap steel 8 string bridges when i was considering an 8 string. if anyone can find them please tell me, because i want some options, other than the hipshot.

I've also done some pretty extensive research trying to find something other than the hipshot but no dice. I did however discover that Graph Tech makes the replacement saddles for the hipshot bridge to work with their Ghost Piezo system. Definite bonus.... Maybe that would sway you to the Hipshot? :D

• 2 months later...