Might Be A Stupid Question...

JSON

I have seen it done before. The guitar sits on the left leg, with the points wrapped around the right leg so that it is braced against sliding.

that's how i play when sitting anyway..but i don't play sitting down much,except acoustic.

there is just no electric mojo sitting down

but if you look at the new steinberger synapse,they come with a fold out leg rest,which could easily be installed on a vee

sittin with the lower wing between your leg puts the guitar in classical position which is actually extremely comfortable, i also find it reduces pressure on the elbow and shoulder of the picking hand compared to when you play a regular guitar sitting down,

as for which gibsons have the rubber strips on them, i believe its just the 59 Korina RI's, the 67s dont have ne thing and i dont know bout the special edition 59s, the v90s from 88 or 89 had the leg flip out thing like the steinberg (sp)

MzI

sittin with the lower wing between your leg puts the guitar in classical position which is actually extremely comfortable, i also find it reduces pressure on the elbow and shoulder of the picking hand compared to when you play a regular guitar sitting down,

I've done it that way as well, though I don't have a V these days. :D

as for which gibsons have the rubber strips on them, i believe its just the 59 Korina RI's, the 67s dont have ne thing and i dont know bout the special edition 59s, the v90s from 88 or 89 had the leg flip out thing like the steinberg (sp)

MzI

Its funny that you mention that as i was going to build one for my mate befor we noticed the rubber, just a contourd peice of wood that clamped tothe wing, with rubber so it doesnt damage thefinish.