Horrible Horrible Sounds

thrashncrust

hahah, ok, dumb idea, i ran my buddies bass through my amp, which is tube. now i was playing it and after a while i heard some funny zapping noises, laser gun noises. im sure it was the tubes because ive ran many a bass amp through other SS amps and never heard that noise... can someone tell me whats happening.

p.s. i know that output transformers have a certain hz they handle and bass guitars have a really low hz...

This is not the reason for your problem but the laser sounds reminded me of something, if you use a televison remote and its close enough and is pointing towards the pickups it makes laser noises, it has nothing to do with your problem just thought id share the knowledge lol! :D, an electric toothbrush is meant to make strange noises when by the pickups too but never tried that one!

:D If the amp still works OK when you finally stop abusing it, I wouldn't worry about the exact mechanism of the problem - it's probably vibration exciting something that wasn't designed to get pummeled with 40Hz, whether it's the reverb, a loose cap, a slightly microphonic tube, or whatever. The lesson here is that guitar combo amps are not designed to play bass through, especially with the distortion on 11. B)

If you didn't completely destroy your speakers with the clipped bass signal, just say "Thank you, (fill in diety of choice)!", and get on with your life! And don't do it again!! :D

Talking about an exploding noise my tv started doing that exact same thing!! I forgot exactly what the electrical guy said but it had something to do with old electronics and the heat..well actually lack of, he said it was to do with it being 'old an cold' LOL, nah seriously something to do with not being able to adjust to the temperature, dont know if thats got anything to do with an amp but thought id post it anyway