My first relic strat project

Guest AlexVDL

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a matter of fact it will NOT affect the tone.alex is right and it is just a cheap strat copy which he is adding his own flavor to.it is no worse than a burn finish.and you might want to take a look at some of the guitars he's built from scratch before you critisize his work.different strokes man.this isn't the esp forum.you might want to take a look at the rules of the forum also....just words to the wise :D

i fail to see how chipping wood and paint off the body of the guitar would not affect the tone. there's more to a guitar than just the strings, wes.

as a matter of fact it will NOT affect the tone.alex is right and it is just a cheap strat copy which he is adding his own flavor to.it is no worse than a burn finish.and you might want to take a look at some of the guitars he's built from scratch before you critisize his work.different strokes man.this isn't the esp forum.you might want to take a look at the rules of the forum also....just words to the wise :D

i fail to see how chipping wood and paint off the body of the guitar would not affect the tone. there's more to a guitar than just the strings, wes.

yes i know there are more than strings on a guitar.but alex said he has not removed wood....only paint......and if he covers it back up with a clearcoat of some kind it wiil be the same as if he never touched it.and if he doesn't the resonance may increase from the wood being able to breath better.but i see no way that it would be a detriment to the tone

I totally appreciate the work you've done alex, and I think for what it is it looks great. I don't understand the relic thing at all, I'm **** about my guitars, if they get a scratch they get fixed never mind worn out like that hehehe. But you have really captured the look.

Now, having said that, *** IS WRONG WITH SHOCKING PINK???? I HAPPEN TO LIKE IT!!!!!!!!! :D

3%20SK%27s.jpg

see, I fixed the VSK, it was a relic, it looked like this originally B)

VSK%20before.jpg