Tremonti Shredding?

Maiden69

...i would not condone calling him an idiot, or anyone who can get soo much fame and cash and fans!...so he isnt the best shredder, he is okay - but he has got somewhere, which must be respected!
:D So, you'd give even bigger ups to the Spice Girls, right? Sure, they also had very limited musical talent, but they made more money than Creed ever did and had breasts to boot! :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i would respect people on the less mainstream side of things, not on the commercial side where albums and careers are written by a pencil pusher.

i think the spice girls should be forced to listen to meshuggah's I for a day, that would kill them!

you do have one valid point.... breasts.

excuse the editing required in last post, lol! forgot which forum i was on.

Mike

i think you are thinking of catch 33, its AMAZING!

I was the 2004 release i think.

i have heard some of catch 33, they are a talented bunch!

PS I is 21 minutes long!

Mike

i think you are thinking of catch 33, its AMAZING!

I was the 2004 release i think.

i have heard some of catch 33, they are a talented bunch!

PS I is 21 minutes long!

Mike

okay...the group of songs sirius plays is like 8 songs long,but they are all grouped together...the last one is called "minds mirrors"

or something...it is so BRUTAL...just amazing,amazing stuff...when i first heard it i was a bit sceptical about the repetitive riffing...but it wasn't long before i realized the sheer relentlessness of that gorgeously savage sound is kind of the point they are trying to make.it just never let's up.

and the vocals....DAMN those are some brutal vocals...and the beauty of it is they feel no need to just throw vocals around everywhere...they just let the riffs speak for themselves,and only throw in vocals when they have something to say that only vocals can convey.

without a doubt they are the most brilliant minds in metal.i don't know how they do it.

i know some of you will not agree...but i think you need to get that album,crank it to 10,lay back,close your eyes,and just absorb it...i think it won't be long before you see what they are trying to make you hear.

yeah,yeah..i know it is not difficult to play...but that is not the point.this is about emotions,not technical riffing...i think the technicality comes in just trying to keep organized as to where in the song they are.

I think the interview in a guitar magazine with Nuno Bettencourt sums up music and guitarists quite well:

"The solo is the fun part of the song, but the melody and structure is what really counts"

Curtis

as much as that sucked (i didn't like the black album) i think that's why they survived..

no...it's really not.

i remember the time between justice and the black album vividly.metallica were becoming the kings of their genre."justice" was perfect.enough musicality to drag in borderline rockers,but still agressive enough to satisfy the mainstays....and at the same time reaching into new territory musically.the black album sold multitudes of copies on it's very first day...on the back of "justice"

i was one of those suckers.i tried to like it...but i ended up using it to tune my guitar

Right, but it's out with the old and in with the new.. At that moment.. legions of teeny boppers thought that enter sandman was the best song ever written, and emtallica garnered a whole new generation of fans.. It's one of those feeling old moments when some kid comes up to you and says "have you heard that new band metallica.. man they are awesome!!" And you're thinking.. "dude you were in diapers when they were putting out their best stuff"

I guess I heard someone else say it here but the black album marked their move from speed band to a hard rock band.. I was absolutely blown away the first time i heard their early stuff.. i'm a drummer too, so hearing a band play that fast and that locked in to each other, was just insane..

the more they go they have continually evolved. I'll probably get flamed but I liked load and re-load and some of their newer stuff (never listened to St Anger).. I couldn't stand the black album, but I love going back and listening to their first quartet of albums.. I'm a programmer and it's great music to program to.. lol...

as much as that sucked (i didn't like the black album) i think that's why they survived..

no...it's really not.

i remember the time between justice and the black album vividly.metallica were becoming the kings of their genre."justice" was perfect.enough musicality to drag in borderline rockers,but still agressive enough to satisfy the mainstays....and at the same time reaching into new territory musically.the black album sold multitudes of copies on it's very first day...on the back of "justice"

i was one of those suckers.i tried to like it...but i ended up using it to tune my guitar

Right, but it's out with the old and in with the new.. At that moment.. legions of teeny boppers thought that enter sandman was the best song ever written, and emtallica garnered a whole new generation of fans.. It's one of those feeling old moments when some kid comes up to you and says "have you heard that new band metallica.. man they are awesome!!" And you're thinking.. "dude you were in diapers when they were putting out their best stuff"

I guess I heard someone else say it here but the black album marked their move from speed band to a hard rock band.. I was absolutely blown away the first time i heard their early stuff.. i'm a drummer too, so hearing a band play that fast and that locked in to each other, was just insane..

the more they go they have continually evolved. I'll probably get flamed but I liked load and re-load and some of their newer stuff (never listened to St Anger).. I couldn't stand the black album, but I love going back and listening to their first quartet of albums.. I'm a programmer and it's great music to program to.. lol...

well...different strokes and all

I guess I heard someone else say it here but the black album marked their move from speed band to a hard rock band..

that would be me that said that...but i said from metal to hard rock.which is really part of my problem with them...you know...the name being METAL lica...rather than HARD ROCK ica

...i would not condone calling him an idiot, or anyone who can get soo much fame and cash and fans!...so he isnt the best shredder, he is okay - but he has got somewhere, which must be respected!
:D So, you'd give even bigger ups to the Spice Girls, right? Sure, they also had very limited musical talent, but they made more money than Creed ever did and had breasts to boot! :D

Thank you lovekraft, I hadn't the guts to say it myself after all the bashing B)

• 1 month later...